AORUS FO48U 48" 4K OLED 3840x2160 120Hz, PC MONITOR $799.99

Previous review from Hardware Unboxed:

Good and bad, price looks good for the features.

This is a lightly modified LG C1 display. Slightly worse display performance and no TV tuner, but you do gat a display port... port, all for about $100 less than the basic non-sale, depreciated regular price of a 48inch C1 this late in that TV's lifecycle.

lukewarm? maybe?

I bought one this week and love it. It's currently chilling on my desk in the office. I have a corner desk and it is totally serviceable. I bought a cheap Chinese aftermarket stand from Amazon to replace the stock feet and it let me push it back farther.

The C1 may have been a better buy overall but I had some Amazon gift cards to burn.

I picked it up at amazon also, waiting for deliver on Monday. Will use mostly as a gaming station w/ consoles in PC room, but will wire it up as a 3rd monitor as well as pop a spare Roku 4k stick on it. Excited for it.

This is a lightly modified LG C1 display. Slightly worse display performance and no TV tuner, but you do gat a display port... port, all for about $100 less than the basic non-sale, depreciated regular price of a 48inch C1 this late in that TV's lifecycle.

lukewarm? maybe?
Worth it for the display port and integrated KVM functionality alone to me, as someone who teleworks with my work laptop sometimes.

But I still need a 42" to fit on my desk and be comfortable to use still.

DP and USB-C

Ideal monitor would be a 38" 3840x1600 curved OLED.
Since that doesn't exist other competition is 48" C1 $100 more, 42" C2, or 34" AW3423DW (curved!), both $500 more than this.

Reactions: T4rd
like this
I got the 43" AorusFO43U for $699 before tax the other day. It went back up to $899 today. I think 43" is perfect, as my desk for my pc side wont allow for a 48" unless I mount it.

Right. The actual model is FV43U. The 'V' stands for VA, so it's a VA panel. Coincidentally, 'I' stands for IPS and 'O' stands for OLED. 'U' is for UHD resolution
Well that just makes a whole lotta sense, doesn't it :) Thanks for the clarification!

It's not bad at this price. Buggy firmware. Irritating automatic dimming.

I have been enjoying mine so far. The only issue I have found is that for whatever reason my Amazon Fire TV Cube (2nd Generation) that I bought off SlickDeals last week won't boot when connected to this display. It just hangs on the Fire TV logo.

My Fire TV 4K (1st Gen) works just fine.

That dimming thing hits me every once and a while. Started to google how to turn it off. Anyone been able to dissable it?
No way to turn it off that I could find. And you probably wouldn't want to as it would lead to more potential burn-in.

Wouldn't Burn in happen only if the image is static for a long time? Watching a movie or playing a game I wouldn't think would be a big issue.

Did find this on reddit. Hopefully future firmware upgrades make it more accessible.

https://www.reddit.com/r/OLED_Gaming/comments/uvv8qd/you_can_disable_auto_static_content_dimming/
Burn in can happen with things like the taskbar. LG, and thus Gigabyte, have a feature where the tv will apparently do some kind of periodic image cycle to help prevent that.

However the C2's "evo" panel is supposed to be much more resistant to image retention which is why I haven't jumped on either this or the current C1 deals.

Burn in can happen with things like the taskbar. LG, and thus Gigabyte, have a feature where the tv will apparently do some kind of periodic image cycle to help prevent that.

However the C2's "evo" panel is supposed to be much more resistant to image retention which is why I haven't jumped on either this or the current C1 deals.
I was worried a little about this also, as such its not my primary display. I have it to the side and only switch it on for movies or controller games, I use an Ultra-wide screen for work or general use. Super happy with it so far except for the occasional second of dimming during Forza. Haven't encountered the dimming in other games yet.

Back