Aorus FI32U - @ $950(USD} -- For Sale Now

F02 is the only version, and I flashed it to check and it didn't change anything.

I've only seen that glitch on the image that was posted in this thread. Of the games and movies I've watched, I've never seen it happen. So it's not like it's everywhere, it seems like a rare thing on certain content.
If you notice it only on that image then you are really lucky. It has been 2 weeks since I submitted a question to Gigabytes eSupport and they still haven't replied. I was planning to buy PG32UQ that is supposed to go on sale at the end of the month, however after watching Hardware Unboxed review I changed my mind. Plenty of FI32UQ in stock, but I ain't trying my luck till Gigabyte provide an update on this issue.

Finally Gigabyte responded to my ticket (about a week later) but it was a canned response.

They just said try a different cable and port, which I've done already and told them that in the original message, so I'm not sure they even read what I said.

Finally Gigabyte responded to my ticket (about a week later) but it was a canned response.

They just said try a different cable and port, which I've done already and told them that in the original message, so I'm not sure they even read what I said.

Hey do you know if the HDMI 2.1 ports support VRR with Nvidia cards? Thanks!

It looks like the MU32 is available at newegg now.

https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E168240...RQhy9BpIrfPOZ_IP1UMaAjn-EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Is the difference with the FI32U mainly the stand?
There were posts here that said the dead pixel threshold to return was 3 rather than 1 for the FI32U, but I can't find that language on Newegg's listing anymore. Also quotes on here said that it couldn't be returned, but the listing I can see says it has the normal return policy.

Hey do you know if the HDMI 2.1 ports support VRR with Nvidia cards? Thanks!
I'm using DisplayPort, but I did try HDMI 2.1 to make sure it worked (on an RTX 3060) and it appeared all features were supported (plus 12-bit color, DP only does 10-bit on this monitor).

It looks like the MU32 is available at newegg now.

https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E168240...RQhy9BpIrfPOZ_IP1UMaAjn-EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Is the difference with the FI32U mainly the stand?
According to this page, they use the same panel so should be pretty close if not the same.

https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/comparison/bba81bcd26

I do like the stand, but you can't even see the RGB, and for $200 more I would just use that money for a monitor arm or just live with the simpler stand.

It's hard to tell from the picture. It does look like the bezel is a little thicker, but not so much that it would be a huge problem.

A question from another thread here, official specs aside, did anyone actually test this on Xbox Series X to see whether it forces chroma sub sampling at 4k/120hz ?

A question from another thread here, official specs aside, did anyone actually test this on Xbox Series X to see whether it forces chroma sub sampling at 4k/120hz ?
It does drop chroma to 4:2:0 on PS5, but honestly I haven't noticed any downgrade in the picture.

I didn't spend a lot of time with the one I had but I did hook it up to my Series X briefly. Not sure if it helps or not but this is what I got when I did TV details:
1632075429520.jpeg

Exactly my experience when dealing with the FV43U issues.

I then tried to clarify in a further question what I was talking about and they took 5 weeks to respond. And yes, the response was utterly useless.

Thanks

Thanks , we know it`ll do 4k/120hz question is if its 4:4:4 or 4:2:0 like in official specs

What's the best way to check this? I thought maybe the Xbox would give some indication on that screen if it was lowering settings. I have a Gigabyte M28U and an M32U on the way. From reading it seems like they may use the same controller as the FI32U? The M28U at least has the same Xbox 420 disclaimer in its specs. I could do a check on those at least.

On PS5 you can check the video signal output in the display settings (in PS5 options menu). I imagine Xbox does the same thing.

Does anyone know how to create a a custom resolution with this monitor in Nvidia Control Panel or do you need 3rd party software? I can't seem to change the pixel clock. I want to make a custom 4K @ 85hz or @ 100hz resolution. But it seems like custom resolution pixel clock is locked to the current monitor refresh rate--I can only do 119 to 121 hz if I'm currently running 120hz, and 143 to 145hz if I am currently on 144hz.

1633066488838.png

Also maybe I'm a bit OCD, but I notice some high pitch whining out of the monitor when HDR is enabled. As soon as I saw an internal power brick I knew noise issues might be a concern...I prefer to have an external brick sitting on the floor so you don't have to deal with power supply noise issues.

Last edited:
Don't mess with the timings. Leave that on automatic. Only change the refresh rate box. I tried 100Hz and 85Hz and it works no problem.

After installing the latest firmware (F06) I am happy to report that the issue I was expeirencing in my earlier post no longer occurs at 144hz. I haven't played any games on this firmware yet but good signs so far.

After updating to F06, certain games show "HDR display not detected" - Forza Horizon 5, Far Cry 6 etc. I made sure HDR is turned "ON" and it works fine in Doom Eternal and BF1 etc. What gives?

Might be an issue with Windows. Some older games, definitely BF1 and I think Doom had their own HDR implementation, while newer games like Far Cry rely on the Windows HDR API.

RE: the F06 firmware, I still noticed a bit of flickering in Fifa 21 but I haven't seen it anywhere else.

This is $10 cheaper than the M32U right now at the store near my house, thinking of getting one again. Anyone here happy with theirs?

Back