Aorus FI32U - @ $950(USD} -- For Sale Now

So if I just want something with excellent motion clarity for playing some online SDR games, is this still the one? I'm never going to touch HDR on it and I'm OK with just ~100% sRGB for SDR content.
Yes, this monitor is the best affordable gaming monitor available....I am just so beyond spoiled by the PG32...don't pay my emotional rollercoaster hyjinks much attention.....if you go in the pg32 thread you will see around day 2 or 3 I super freaked out over that one and wanted to take back because of halo bloom

For those that got them recently how is the white uniformity? Mine has a large amount of yellow in the bottom left and a bit in the bottom right. I'm trying to overlook it but it keeps driving me crazy. I go to google.com for example and all I notice is the yellow blob down in the corner.

Debating if I want to do an exchange if they come back in stock.

It's a good fast gaming display and hell of a bargain. But I think I will be keeping the PG32 just for the shock HDR. If anyone wants a pixel perfect FI32U for cost PM me!

I got my FI32U today (newegg) and am running into an odd problem. I cannot set my refresh rate to 120hz using a DP 1.4 cable in Windows 10. I can set 60hz or 144hz. If I set the resolution to something other than 4k and set to 120, it just defaults back to 144. If I am at 4k and try to set to 120, my machine hard locks. In one case it hard locked my machine so bad I had to reinstall windows. Even with the new reinstall and minimal drivers, 4k and 120hz locks my machine. Didn't have this issue on any other monitor. I want 120 because my understanding is that DP 1.4 has an issue with 4k x 10bit color @144hz. Anyone else running into these issues? I am on a 3090 and have disabled gsync.

Update: disabled FreeSync on the monitor, and disabled HDR (apparently it defaults to enabled). This allowed me to select 120 hz without crashing.

Update: Back to being stuck at 144hz. I'll try an HDMI 2.1 connection tomorrow and see if that helps

Last edited:
I got my FI32U today (newegg) and am running into an odd problem. I cannot set my refresh rate to 120hz using a DP 1.4 cable in Windows 10. I can set 60hz or 144hz. If I set the resolution to something other than 4k and set to 120, it just defaults back to 144. If I am at 4k and try to set to 120, my machine hard locks. In one case it hard locked my machine so bad I had to reinstall windows. Even with the new reinstall and minimal drivers, 4k and 120hz locks my machine. Didn't have this issue on any other monitor. I want 120 because my understanding is that DP 1.4 has an issue with 4k x 10bit color @144hz. Anyone else running into these issues? I am on a 3090 and have disabled gsync.

Update: disabled FreeSync on the monitor, and disabled HDR (apparently it defaults to enabled). This allowed me to select 120 hz without crashing.

Update: Back to being stuck at 144hz. I'll try an HDMI 2.1 connection tomorrow and see if that helps
I just tried it and had no issue setting the display to 120hz in Nvidia Control panel with g-sync enabled and HDR set to on. Also what issue is there with 4k x 10bit @ 144hz?

For those that got them recently how is the white uniformity? Mine has a large amount of yellow in the bottom left and a bit in the bottom right. I'm trying to overlook it but it keeps driving me crazy. I go to google.com for example and all I notice is the yellow blob down in the corner.

Debating if I want to do an exchange if they come back in stock.
I have no yellow on my display when I tried running chrome in fullscreen mode. It is quite uniform though it is ever so slightly darker on the left bottom and right bottom corners. I tried calibrating my monitor with my old Spider 4 Pro and it didn't work right. I switched the monitor to HDR off, tried it again and it got through calibration, but once I switched to HDR on again things had a grey-ish with a hint of yellow on white look. Interestingly with HDR off and the calibration on, it looked good for flesh tones, but white was more of a very light grey than white to my eyes. In the end I just left calibration off, the slight improvement in flesh tones did not make up for keeping HDR off.

Are you using the cable that came with the monitor? What other devices do you have connected to the video card?

Are you using the cable that came with the monitor? What other devices do you have connected to the video card?
Yes, cable that came with the monitor. I disconnected my other monitor (MSI 5k x 2k creator monitor) while testing, to eliminate it as a cause. At work, and we just launched, so will respond with more specifics when I am off work.

Last edited:
Just got mine up and running. Haven't done much of anything with it other than check to be sure that it's actually pushing 4k at 144 (it is). Really, Really like the size: I can have two productivity windows up at the same time, side by side and read / work on both. MUCH better than a 24.

This is my 1st 4k display - heck, my 1st display other than a 24 inch 1080p in 10 years (before that was 24" CRT).

Initial impression is very positive.

A bit 'fiddly' to get the neck of the base to connect to the back of the panel - and so far that's the only complaint. Once installed, it's super easy to move around as I try to find the new 'sweet spot'. Seems very well made.

Scaling is currently set to 125% and the text is crisp and perfectly readable. Don't have to move my chair at all, and the best part is that I can no longer see the pixels (like I could with 1080p). I anticipate a bit more head movement than before (none w/24, now perhaps a 'nose width' of movement to read something in one corner and then look at something across the panel). Out of the box, the colors look fine. I'm no color expert - but the images I look at seem natural and nothing stands out as weird. Blacks look black, whites look white. I'm using the typical lighting in my office (dimmable) and it looks fine.

I don't think I have any HDR games, so I can't test that yet. I'll find some resource or another to see what that's like at some point... but for now, I really like my new window to the world.

Interesting in that they have clearly gone with multi-regional boxing; there were 3 power cords included, one I know is EU and the other looks like something to power an electric dryer.

Edit: Depending upon the scene, or color of what I'm looking at there is some noticeable reflections. Not bad - the panel face isn't glossy, but I can notice my lights if I look for them.
Edit 2: gaming looks great on this. Vast improvement over my previous monitor. Still - only getting about 60fps in Tarkov (due likely to 4k / 3070) - but image quality is fantastic and larger screen makes finding enemies easier for this old man

32 inches is FREAKING PERFECT!

Last edited:
I've been away from my PC this weekend, haven't had much time to play around with it. Just played a couple rounds of BF:V to give it a decent workout.

You can enable BFI + VRR at the same time. When BFI is enabled brightness control is locked out on the display and is set at level 50. This is over DisplayPort.

There is an sRGB preset in the monitor - you can't enable BFI when in this mode. I have mine in the Custom 1 preset and set up to my liking.

No smear to my eyes when scrolling text.
My 'Aim Stabilizer' is greyed out - what did you do to enable it? EDIT - NVM, I discovered you can do it once you download the OSD sidekick

Last edited:
Okay - so... I am stumped. When I use the joystick on the monitor, it shows Aim Stabilizer Off, and Aim Stabilizer Synch is greyed out. Can't select it, can't change it.

However in the OSD sidekick it gives me the option to turn it on (persists as 'on' between opening / closing the program).

So... How do I know if Aim Stabilizer is actually active or not?

Depending upon the scene, or color of what I'm looking at there is some noticeable reflections. Not bad - the panel face isn't glossy, but I can notice my lights if I look for them.

For me this is actually a good thing. The last and only time i had a 4k screen was around 3 - 4 years ago. (bought it based on a review from a poster on here) The screen coating was so super grainy it completely destroyed almost all the benefit of the 4k DPI. So much so, that i refunded and went to a lightly coated 1440p display from a different brand and it looked clearer!

Screen coating is one of the most important things on a display. grainy coatings destroy image fidelity.

Last edited:
Just got mine up and running. Haven't done much of anything with it other than check to be sure that it's actually pushing 4k at 144 (it is). Really, Really like the size: I can have two productivity windows up at the same time, side by side and read / work on both. MUCH better than a 24.

Snip

32 inches is FREAKING PERFECT!

Good accurate write up, congrats on stepping up.
Okay - so... I am stumped. When I use the joystick on the monitor, it shows Aim Stabilizer Off, and Aim Stabilizer Synch is greyed out. Can't select it, can't change it.

However in the OSD sidekick it gives me the option to turn it on (persists as 'on' between opening / closing the program).

So... How do I know if Aim Stabilizer is actually active or not?
Are you in sRGB mode? Aim Cockalizer doesnt work in sRGB mode.

In other news I have decided to keep this display.....its a great work productivity display and will keep those miles off the PG32 lol

I submitted for a replacement mainly due to the yellow discoloration on mine. Also have some dust under the screen in the top middle in my line of sight and a dead red subpixel. I didn't realize Newegg wouldn't ship the replacement until they receive the current one. Sending it off tomorrow, guess I just have to hope they don't sell out again until this one gets back to them.

No worries Baaaashaa pioneered that problem a few pages back!
I'm gonna need some of your 1337 monitor guru-ness, then. This old duffer jes doan git it.

Couple of things:
  • I've switched back to Standard but Aim Stabilizer still remains unselectable. If I want to check out the feature - what do I need to do? (Because the manual I downloaded does not break it down nearly Barney-style enough for me go 'git')
  • Audio. Since connecting the USB I've heard the monitor audio for exactly 9/10ths of a second as it was switching modes. But regardless of how I set up the 'sound settings' profile (selecting Aorus or not) I get nothing. (Because I generally game with headphones or surround, I haven't bothered checking it out - but after all the posts in the PG thread about monitor audio, I thought I'd check out the Aorus speakers... and nothing).
Edit - FWIW: drivers are up to date, system recognizes the FI32U, etc.

Last edited:

Is it me, or is this the goofiest, least useful 'hype' video for any product?

Last edited:
Does anyone have the link for the driver for this monitor? Gigabyte's website has some "OSD Sidekick" utility which is just bloatware. I just want a Win 10 x64 driver for this monitor since "Generic PnP Monitor" drives me mad!

RsiGmz3.png

Does anyone have the link for the driver for this monitor? Gigabyte's website has some "OSD Sidekick" utility which is just bloatware. I just want a Win 10 x64 driver for this monitor since "Generic PnP Monitor" drives me mad!

View attachment 373887
I ran the latest update from Windows and my FI32U shows up instantly.

Attachments

• FIDisplay.jpg
    FIDisplay.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 0
I ran the latest update from Windows and my FI32U shows up instantly.

I have that on mine as well but if you check in Device Manager under 'Monitors,' does it say "Generic PnP Monitor" or does it show the monitor's make/model?

This is what I have under Display settings (FWIW - the monitor works perfectly and all settings are fine but the device manager label is more of a peccadillo than anything else.:

display.png

For anyone that missed the original sale I noticed that Newegg has it listed on eBay now too. I know I personally have a 5% eBay bucks offer so would be a bit better than buying from Newegg outright: https://www.ebay.com/itm/294253430584

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
So I just discovered an issue with this monitor and would like to see if others are also having this issue. When you have Adaptive Sync On and Local Dimming Set to Auto the screen flickers while playing games, almost like a strobe at times. At first I thought it was only happening on HDR mode, but after switching to SDR and enabling Local Dimming the same issue is present. It's very noticeable as soon as you start Sea of Thieves when the logos are appearing on screen. Some other games it isn't as noticeable but if you look for it you will see it happening as well. Hopefully this can be fixed via a firmware update but still is annoying that a monitor this expensive has an issue like this that wasn't caught during QA.

So I just discovered an issue with this monitor and would like to see if others are also having this issue. When you have Adaptive Sync On and Local Dimming Set to Auto the screen flickers while playing games, almost like a strobe at times. At first I thought it was only happening on HDR mode, but after switching to SDR and enabling Local Dimming the same issue is present. It's very noticeable as soon as you start Sea of Thieves when the logos are appearing on screen. Some other games it isn't as noticeable but if you look for it you will see it happening as well. Hopefully this can be fixed via a firmware update but still is annoying that a monitor this expensive has an issue like this that wasn't caught during QA.
The monitor has no zone level brightness control and as a result there is no reason to enable "local dimming" which should be labeled pointless global dimming.

You're creating problems for yourself by enabling it so just turn it off and pretend it doesn't exist.

Yeah the "local dimming" almost seems like some sort of auto brightness limiter or something. I noticed the screen getting lighter / darker while playing Mass Effect: LE. Turned the setting off and the problem went away.

Can anyone comment on this monitor versus the 43inch version? I have the 43inch model now and I almost feel as if it is too large.

Ain't like it's a smidgen. I maths it to be a fair piece larger than the 32.

No - no! We gots to agree that a fair piece is bigger than a smidgen or all h-e-double-hockey-sticks breaks out

No laddie,
Its definitely a Wee Bit bigger.
A Fair Piece is a good bit bigger than a Wee Bit, and a Wee Bit is somewhat bigger than a smidgen.

Where did you all learn how to estimate?

So has anyone validated yet whether the hdmi 2.1 ports are 40gbps, 48gbps, or just hdmi 2.0 ports with lipstick?

So has anyone validated yet whether the hdmi 2.1 ports are 40gbps, 48gbps, or just hdmi 2.0 ports with lipstick?
I think I saw a post saying they got full RGB on their PC and YCbCr444 on their console. Doesn't really matter since 4K 144 Hz 10-bit can fit comfortably into 40 Gbps bandwidth uncompressed.

Back