Aorus FI32U - @ $950(USD} -- For Sale Now

Finally got the monitor and set it up. Have to say I like it. Certainly better than my Dell 3014. Windows scaling seems to working on everything even though I turned it off. Some things I'd rather it not scale, but it seems to anyway. Gaming is definitely better with VRR and HDR is good enough for me. I have a Sony 900F and I think it's HDR is better when comparing HDR videos. Overall at $900 this was definitely worth the money if you are coming up from any lower resolution 60hz monitor. No dead pixels or stuck on pixels so it's a keeper. :) Still have a lot to test out.

Wow an actual review and not some random BS about Black Frame Insertion or trying to trick a monitor to run pseudo SLI

Damnit - how freaking long do I have to wait for l88bastard to get his set up and tell me what internet Soduku looks like in 4k?

Still fiddling with the colors.....off the top of my head impressions

1) Noticeable motion clarity improvement over PG32UQX

2) HDR 400 is a joke compared to PG32UQX 1600+ nits

3) Aim stabilizer + VRR works, but I prefer Aim Stabilizer OFF

4) A good "Gaming" display and must buy if your currently gaming on 1440 / 1080 peee displays

5) Excellent productivity / Web Surfing display

4) A good "Gaming" display and must buy if your currently gaming on 1440 / 1080 peee displays

Is the aim stabilizer sync even slightly useable? Or is it just another crosstalk mess like the Asus elmb.

Thanks for initial thoughts. How are the black levels? How much of an upgrade over a 4K 32" monitor with no HDR and 60Hz?

Thanks for initial thoughts. How are the black levels? How much of an upgrade over a 4K 32" monitor with no HDR and 60Hz?
Black levels are a little crushy vs the PG32UQX, but we are talking $899 vs $2999 so you can't win em all. NOTHING can touch the PG32UQX's HDR1600. The PG32UQX has richer colors, deeper contrast and amazing HDR. I also have the 48cx, so I'm a bit spoiled when evaluating black levels.

If you have a 2080ti or greater this should be an insta-buy if your currently suffering along @ 4k60
This Aorus is a better competitive FPS gaming monitor vs the PG32UQX and is vastly superior vs 1440peee gaming monitors.

Annnnnd now I prefer to play with Aimstabilizer on haha.....the enhanced motion clarity is what really sets it apart from the PG32 for competetive FPS

of course i say this as somebody who is nowhere near competetive lol

Thanks for your thoughts!

I might pick up one of these when they start to sell in my country to add to my LG CX 48" and swap that to the rumored 42" model next year.

Now the only problem is how the hell do I mount a 32" 4K screen next to or under the 48" so that both are comfortable to use?

Creatively?

Expensively?

(duct tape and coat hanger wires apparently are no longer cool, but they do work)

Still waiting for mine to be delivered - UPS sent it to the wrong town, apparently. So... Maybe late tomorrow?

l88bastard - what changed your mind about aim stabilizer?

Still waiting for mine to be delivered - UPS sent it to the wrong town, apparently. So... Maybe late tomorrow?

l88bastard - what changed your mind about aim stabilizer?
I waffle back and forth...that red phospor trail can get annoying.

I think Vega said it best....if your a gamer and have a $1000 to spend this is hands down the best purchase for "gaming" displays.

However, I am super addicted to the superior punchy, richer colors of the PG32, its deeper contrast and mind blowing HDR.

I have both monitors side by side....and these are my settings to try and get the AO32 as close as possible (Bear in mind I hate sRGB and like things a bit Poppy & oversaturated:
1625662096758.png

1625662652572.png

PG32 IS @ 55 BRIGHTNESS AND AO32 WAS AT 70......BUT THIS NEXT PICTURE I RAISED AO32 TO 100 BRIGHTNESS AND KEPT PG32 @ 55

1625664556326.png

Last edited:
Can't believe these sold out on Newegg already. Lots of people interested in running surround via single monitor seems like.

Looks pretty damn close - guessing the PG is on the left?
Yep, the AO32 is a good display for those finally looking to upgrade from their 27" 1440's...but you gotta see it in person next to the PG32 to appreciate the PG32 price tag lol

Also, I won't even touch HDR on the AO32....its ok...like vega said it hits very close to HDR600.....but I am completely, utterly spoiled by the PG32 1600 sizzling nits

Here are both displays maxxed 100% brightness @ SDR
In person you can see the PG32 is more Vibrant.....but the AO32 ain't to bad for a budget display!

1625666512620.png

Pro tip...only one has a visible 2" oled butthole! Although its winking at you in last pic.

No idea what that means but figured it out. Obviously it is just a photo but the Aorus actually looks better in that pic. Looks like the backlight is set way too high for SDR content on the Asus

No idea what that means but figured it out. Obviously it is just a photo but the Aorus actually looks better in that pic. Looks like the backlight is set way too high for SDR content on the Asus
I have to agree. Though it could just be the angle of the monitor in relation to the camera, but from the pictures the right monitor looks like the colors are more accurate than the ones on the left. The left monitor looks a bit washed out color wise but seems to have more detail. Still kind of hard to tell from pictures vs IRL.

Take from the photos what you will. The AO32 is an unbeatible value @$899.....even at $999 its worth it......for SDR content, motion clarity, web surfing and work productivity. Its the corvette ZR1 of gaming displays.

But, the PG32 absolutely dismantles it in HDR games. The PG32 is almost a Surreal experience in HDR and the best gaming experience I have ever had. The PG32 is the Bugatti Veyron of gaming displays and is oriced likke it 😂

So this monitor has the red phosphor trailing with backlight strobing? Huh I thought that was a characteristic of LG Nano IPS panels.

Take from the photos what you will. The AO32 is an unbeatible value @$899.....even at $999 its worth it......for SDR content, motion clarity, web surfing and work productivity. Its the corvette ZR1 of gaming displays.

But, the PG32 absolutely dismantles it in HDR games. The PG32 is almost a Surreal experience in HDR and the best gaming experience I have ever had. The PG32 is the Bugatti Veyron of gaming displays and is oriced likke it 😂

It's that Innolux panel it uses compared to the AUO panel in the ASUS.

Interesting. I'm kicking myself for not jumping on this monitor when I saw it in stock a few days ago. But somehow Gigabyte monitors still mentally register as gimmicky. I've tried doing hours of spreadsheets at many size factors- 4K @ 27" is too small, 4K @ 48" is exhausting with all the eye travel that adds up over many hours. I've tried ultrawides in various sizes. 4K@60 on 32" seemed most ideal, but I love how smooth 120Hz is -- I can't go back to 60Hz. So 4K 32" @ 120Hz+ seems like the goldilocks intersection of specs for mixed use with an emphasis on productivity.

Gaming and movies will continue on my CX 48 and CX 65 - there's no beating them - but If they ever make a 4K120 32" OLED (and I understand the manufacturing reasons they don't), I'll happily pay absurd pricing.

Last edited:
Interesting. I'm kicking myself for not jumping on this monitor when I saw it in stock a few days ago. But somehow Gigabyte monitors still mentally register as gimmicky. I've tried doing hours of spreadsheets at many size factors- 4K @ 27" is too small, 4K @ 48" is exhausting with all the eye travel that adds up over many hours. I've tried ultrawides in various sizes. 4K@60 on 32" seemed most ideal, but I love how smooth 120Hz is -- I can't go back to 60Hz. So 4K 32" @ 120Hz+ seems like the goldilocks intersection of specs for mixed use with an emphasis on productivity.

Gaming and movies will continue on my CX 48 and CX 65 - there's no beating them - but If they ever make a 4K120 32" OLED (and I understand the manufacturing reasons they don't), I'll happily pay absurd pricing.
You should get one of these....perfect complement to your 48cx if your not gonna do PG32...you might wanna PM Vega, he's having another baby and indicated to me that he will probably return his back to Newegg because he's gotta buy another baby stroller & car seat.

Reactions: DPI
like this
You should get one of these....perfect complement to your 48cx if your not gonna do PG32...you might wanna PM Vega, he's having another baby and indicated to me that he will probably return his back to Newegg because he's gotta buy another baby stroller & car seat.
That's what I'm thinking - because PG32 seems like overpaying for a monitor to be all things - including gaming - that ultimately if barely falls short of being all things, because it still can't beat OLED. Granted, if you put a PG32 next an a CX 48 and compared image quality / brightness / colors in HDR mode and do not consider price disparity, I'm sure the PG32 is very compelling. But once pricing is factored in, the value of PG32 is diminished, unless you were one of the people that got it day-one and have been enjoying it up to now. Consider you could buy a FI32U + CX 48 for less than a PG32UQX and have money left over.

As long as text is sharp and gives me 4K120 in 32", I'm in for a FI32U or two.

Last edited:
You should get one of these....perfect complement to your 48cx if your not gonna do PG32

That's what I'm thinking - because PG32 seems like overpaying for a monitor to be all things - including gaming - that ultimately if barely falls short of being all things, because it still can't beat OLED. Granted, if you put a PG32 next an a CX 48 and compared image quality / brightness / colors in HDR mode and do not consider price disparity, I'm sure the PG32 is very compelling. But once pricing is factored in, the value of PG32 is diminished, unless you were one of the people that got it day-one and have been enjoying it up to now. Consider you could buy a FI32U + CX 48 for less than a PG32UQX and have money left over.

As long as text is sharp and gives me 4K120 in 32", I'm in for a FI32U or two.

The PG32 is worth every penny. I may send this AO32 back lol.

I just cannot get the colors of this AO32 dialed into a non distracting situation.....they are either washed out or wackily saturated by a shitty vibrance. The AO32 colors look good in photos, but almost every display looks good in photos. I have had this problem with all "gaming" monitors except for the 48cx and PG32.

PG32 "Wide Gamut" color option is amazing, once you get over the price.

The PG32 is worth every penny. I may send this AO32 back lol.

I just cannot get the colors of this AO32 dialed into a non distracting situation.....they are either washed out or wackily saturated by a shitty vibrance. The AO32 colors look good in photos, but almost every display looks good in photos. I have had this problem with all "gaming" monitors except for the 48cx and PG32.

PG32 "Wide Gamut" color option is amazing, once you get over the price.
PG32 to me seems like such a dumb product. They could have made a wide gamut 1000 nit 32" monitor and priced around the price of the 48" LG and sold tons of them.

PG32 to me seems like such a dumb product. They could have made a wide gamut 1000 nit 32" monitor and priced around the price of the 48" LG and sold tons of them.
uhhh uhhh uhhh...were not doing that convo anymore lol

Soo...I dunno...messed with some more black equalizer and a few ticks on the digital vibrance...looks like I got the AO32 in a better spot lol

My insider at Newegg is telling me an FI32U shipment is inbound and ETA Friday/Monday. Bummer that $899 was only the first wave and it'll be $999 going forward.

They did not have to.

Acer and Viewsonic announced that they were going to compete with the same AUO panel - and where are they? The X32 was arguably the more hyped panel at CES 2020 and where is it?

No one else offers a great HDR experience at 4k with a fast ips panel.

No one.

If you artificially try to compare the PG against panels that compete in a different space... Yeah you can quibble - but you should be honest enough to admit that you are qualifying the comparison.

Similarly, the Aorus is in a unique space - Acer and others have said that they intend to compete in the 400 nit 32 inch 4k fast ips space - and they're dragging their feet (at least in the West). From what I can tell (as a guy who's one day away from the Aorus) - it's a damn good 'gaming monitor' that hits the 4k fast ips tick marks, and may end up being among the best gaming monitors available this year. What l88bastard suggests is that he's satisfied with the performance of the PG and does not need another 32. Nothing I read from him suggests that the Aorus is sub par in any way - except for the criteria of HDR (where it can't compete)

Last edited:
My latest settings.....this is as best as I can get this Pig
To match the PG its sitting next to.

Perhaps not the perfect settings for the monitor on its own.

IIRC - the color gamut advertised by the PG is superior to the Aorus before taking either out of the box

To match the PG its sitting next to.

Perhaps not the perfect settings for the monitor on its own.

IIRC - the color gamut advertised by the PG is superior to the Aorus before taking either out of the box
Im not trying to match the PG32...I'm just trying to get what I like...but it can't be done....the Aorus is limited....its not as bad as most typical gaming monitors but I am so spoiled that its trash to me lol.....its going BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK.

Gaming monitors turn my OCD into friggin rain man lol

I don't even want it for a secondary productivity monitor as the PG27 is way more pleasing on the eye for that task.

Last edited:
Im not trying to match the PG32...I'm just trying to get what I like...but it can't be done....the Aorus is limited....its not as bad as most typical gaming monitors but I am so spoiled that its trash to me lol.....its going BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK.

Gaming monitors turn my OCD into friggin rain man lol

I don't even want it for a secondary productivity monitor as the PG27 is way more pleasing on the eye for that task.

So if I just want something with excellent motion clarity for playing some online SDR games, is this still the one? I'm never going to touch HDR on it and I'm OK with just ~100% sRGB for SDR content.

Back