Aorus FI27Q 27' in, 1440p, IPS, 165HZ, 1ms

thebradley

n00b
It's been a few years since I've purchased a monitor and my current one was pretty mediocre. I was relatively ignorant on what to look for in monitors but after researching for a few days I decided to go with the Aorus FI27Q https://www.newegg.com/black-gigabyte-aorus-fi27q-sa-27/p/N82E16824012010

There doesn't appear to be many reviews which made me slightly worried but most things I read were relatively positive. Anyway, it was on sale for $475 last week so I made the purchase.

In short, I love this monitor. It feels very well built. The stand, in particular, is impressively sturdy, albeit a little gimmicky with the LEDs. The monitor blew my away with its color and image---absolute game changer from my previous 1080, ultrawide, LG monitor. BUT it came with the dreaded dead pixel. Gut-wrenching. Fortunately I can RMA it and Aorus offers a year warranty on dead pixels.

Anyone else have this monitor? What do you think?

It's been a few years since I've purchased a monitor and my current one was pretty mediocre. I was relatively ignorant on what to look for in monitors but after researching for a few days I decided to go with the Aorus FI27Q https://www.newegg.com/black-gigabyte-aorus-fi27q-sa-27/p/N82E16824012010

There doesn't appear to be many reviews which made me slightly worried but most things I read were relatively positive. Anyway, it was on sale for $475 last week so I made the purchase.

In short, I love this monitor. It feels very well built. The stand, in particular, is impressively sturdy, albeit a little gimmicky with the LEDs. The monitor blew my away with its color and image---absolute game changer from my previous 1080, ultrawide, LG monitor. BUT it came with the dreaded dead pixel. Gut-wrenching. Fortunately I can RMA it and Aorus offers a year warranty on dead pixels.

Anyone else have this monitor? What do you think?

It's my secondary monitor! It is great and Freesync and HDR work without much issue with my 1080Ti. The picture is crisp and motion is buttery. My only complaint is that it is HDR 400 and I thought it was HDR 600 when I purchased it. It is a great monitor.

It's my secondary monitor! It is great and Freesync and HDR work without much issue with my 1080Ti. The picture is crisp and motion is buttery. My only complaint is that it is HDR 400 and I thought it was HDR 600 when I purchased it. It is a great monitor.
"

I finally received my replacement. No dead pixel this time...i think. There is a little red dot, smaller than a pixel, on the left corner when there is a black screen. Oh well, not really noticeable. But yeah, love the monitor! I think its actually making me better at gaming lol.

Probably a stuck red sub-pixel.

Do either of you have back light bleed in the bottom left corner, or along the bottom? For some reason, that seems to be a problem area on this monitor.

"

I finally received my replacement. No dead pixel this time...i think. There is a little red dot, smaller than a pixel, on the left corner when there is a black screen. Oh well, not really noticeable. But yeah, love the monitor! I think its actually making me better at gaming lol.

It is a pretty great monitor and decently priced as well.

Do either of you have back light bleed in the bottom left corner, or along the bottom? For some reason, that seems to be a problem area on this monitor.

I have some minor BLB on both the right and left bottom corners.

I do have some BLB on the bottom left (very little on the right). It hasn't bothered me much, though.

Back