AOpen mITX 9400 LGA775 motherboard

jeremyshaw

[H]F Junkie
Hello,

Just something 'newer' from AOpen. It's rather similar to the Zotac mITX 9300 mobo. Since a 9400mGPU is just a higher clocked 9300mGPU, perhaps this was the reason for Zotac releasing the I-E revision with a higher mGPU clock. Other then the higher price, I don't see what else specifically seperates this from Zotac's current offering.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813137087

Good luck!
-Jeremy
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Last edited:
Wow, $230!

The AOpen is almost $100 more than the Zotac which is $140. I absolutely failed to see what the extra $100 buys for you other than the slightly faster 9400 GPU. Compared to Zotac, the AOpen is so obviously a big rip-off.

The biggest issue I see is no PCI-E x 16 slot, it has a useless PCI slot...

And a whiny 40mm fan instead of a bigger passive heatsink.. and $100 more... I don't see any advantages to this board...

Model
Brand AOpen
Model NMCP7AUT-V
Supported CPU
CPU Socket Type LGA 775
CPU Type Intel Core 2 Quad/Core 2 Duo/Celeron [<=95W]
FSB 533/800/1066/1333MHz
Chipsets
North Bridge NVIDIA GeForce 9400
Memory
Number of Memory Slots 2×200pin SO-DIMM
Memory Standard DDR2 800/667
Maximum Memory Supported 4GB
Channel Supported Dual Channel
Expansion Slots
PCI Express x16 1
Storage Devices
SATA 3Gb/s 3
Onboard Video
Onboard Video Chipset NVIDIA GeForce 9400
Onboard Audio
Audio Chipset Realtek ALC889
Audio Channels 8 Channels
Onboard LAN
LAN Chipset Realtek PHY RTL8211CL
Max LAN Speed 10/100/1000Mbps
Rear Panel Ports
PS/2 2
Video Ports DVI
HDMI 1 x HDMI
USB 1.1/2.0 6 x USB 2.0
Audio Ports 6 Ports
Onboard USB
Onboard USB 4 x USB 2.0
Physical Spec
Form Factor Mini ITX
Dimensions 6.7" x 6.7"
Power Pin 24 Pin
Manufacturer Warranty
Parts 1 year limited
Labor 1 year limited
-------

So sorta like PCI - E 2.0 8x

EDIT: Wait that looks to be labeled wrong.

EDIT 2:

20090814151636.jpg

----------
From AOPEN Website:

Highly performance for 1080P full high definition video playback

Supports Microsoft® DirectX&#8482; 10 and OpenGL&#8482; designed games

One PCI Express 2.0 PCI-E x16 slot, supports nVIDIA® Hybrid SLI&#8482;

nVIDIA® Hybrid SLI&#8482; and GeForce® Boost technology for asymmetrically nVIDIA GeForce series VGA card to building the SLI architecture

PureVideo HD&#8482; and PhysX&#8482; technology for best game video performance and quality

Supports HDMI interface with HDCP protocol output for consumer electronic home appliances

Supports dual video output that can be connect to LCD, HDTV, TV and CRT

The 9400 chipset suppports PCIe 2.0, and 2.0 is electrically similar to 1.1, so...

It is 2.0, just AOpen is being wierd and not clearly stating it - not to mention the strange PCIe slot design.

The only real advantage I see, it the default active cooling on the chiipset? - noise issue :p

It is optional.I would be glad they didn't have it on there if I owned it. Why? Try removing a GTX275 out of a SFF without tearing the whole case apart to depress a little tab.

It is optional.I would be glad they didn't have it on there if I owned it. Why? Try removing a GTX275 out of a SFF without tearing the whole case apart to depress a little tab.

Haha so true.

HP Slimline's cases partially got around that by having the entire bottom become removeable.

The strange part is:
why are they lacking the rear PCIe lock?

Isn't it there for a reason?

Haha yea, that's what threw me off... I saw no latch on the back and a white slot (I only glanced) and assumed it was PCI.

Still, why $100 more?

Haha yea, that's what threw me off... I saw no latch on the back and a white slot (I only glanced) and assumed it was PCI.

Still, why $100 more?

Same question here. I really couldn't understand why AOpen could possibly be asking for $230, while the $140 Zotac has already been on the market offering every feature on AOpen's list. Is AOpen crazy or just plain stupid?

i think it's because aopen is a low volume manufacturer and +plus it's made in taiwan.

imagine if motherboards where made in the usa by the union :eek:

Back