AOL not connecting properly..what to blame?

goku238

2[H]4U
I'm working on a Dell Inspiron 4100 for my Tae Kwon Do studio. The problem is that they need AOL working on it. The laptop has an internal modem, but I don't know what type it is. There are two drivers installed, one for a Motorala iDEN iX 1000 and one for an Actiontec MD56ORD V92 MDC modem

I also installed a U.S. Robotics 56K FAX EXT and in AOL, it dials out once for new numbers, then does it again and screws up. If I disable the external modem and try with the internal, it doesn't even find a dial tone the first try.

Either way this is annoying and it's crucial that it gets fixed. Any help is appreciated. And yes, it has to be AOL. Please don't post if it's going to be an AOL flame.

Did you use the AOL step by step wizard? That part is crucial for AOL. When I was with them, I had to perform and actually use the wizard to configure the modem.

to identify what 56k modem you have, either:
A)Call Dell

or

B)download Aida 32 (www.google.com), it's a system information finder thingy, excellent.

then, delete the old drivers (could be driver conflict), and make sure you have updated drivers for the correct modem (see manufacturer's website).

I didnt check google before posting, but im positive specs for that notebook are out there somewhere, should jsut be a matter of finding the specs, download the proper drivers, then giving it a go.

Back