AOC Unveils 16-inch Portable USB Monitor

HardOCP News

[H] News
AOC, the worldwide leader in monitor display technology, announces the sleek and portable USB Monitor, the ultimate laptop accessory. The lightweight monitor features a convenient built-in USB port that receives both power and signal via a single USB cable for plug-and-play connection. The monitor does not require a power cord or VGA cable, and is ideal for dual- and multi-monitor setups. Along with functioning as an extended display, the accessory can also be used for on-the-go presentations.

Back in the day.. (early to mid 90's), AOC was a pretty big player. all the big box stores carried AOC stuff. The shop I worked at even carried AOC stuff when I worked there from 2000-2001.

I have not had any experience with their newer stuff, but their old stuff ranged from pure trash to pretty good.

It doesnt even link to anything but the AOC website homepage. This is the best the editors have? Not trying to be a dick, but where is the press release at least?

So, yeah... could not find any information on their homepage.... so... just based off of the information given to us... 16" LCD... portable... usb ... good for presentations? yeah... sounds like a great idea: bunch of people gathered around a 16" LCD, watching a powerpoint.... sounds like fail.

They do actually make a crapton of the LCD panels that go in everybody else's monitors... I think they just aren't that into retail anymore.

Last edited:
We've adopted one of thsoe usb powered displays at the office, and I will tell you, that they are kinda finicky, touch support is absolutely horrible (who designs touch support for a separate monitor that wont allow for a dual screen setup?).

Its going to be a long time until these are even moderately successful.

We've adopted one of thsoe usb powered displays at the office, and I will tell you, that they are kinda finicky, touch support is absolutely horrible (who designs touch support for a separate monitor that wont allow for a dual screen setup?).

Its going to be a long time until these are even moderately successful.

They have touch support on these USB-powered monitors? It seems like the USB2 interface would already be stressed with the power and data needs...

Back