AOC U2868PQU Black 28" 1ms 4k HD 10-bit HDMI Widescreen LED

~waits for the inevitable person shocked that this is not IPS/120hz~.

Well then, I'll just take MY money elsewhere!

*nose so far in air they flip over*

Even in a TN panel 4K will be sweet. My glossy Samsung S27A750D uses a TN panel and it has been very easy on the eyes and it even has decent viewing angles.

caution using this for anything other than a video card because apparently it doesn't follow the VESA spec and will give your set top box troubles.

My interest would be for desktop only.....besides all my tv comes via WMC.

Thanks for the tip though, I wasn't aware of the straying away from the VESA standard.

so tempting...but something tells me that this is just the beginning

at $499 something tells me this is close to the price of the new Seiki 40U4SEP-G02 that will be coming out shortly. Or at least a good chunk of the price.

Yes, the Seiki specs for the new line of monitors look really good.

Great monitor for gaming. I'll wait and see what Seiki puts out before buying my next monitor.

The Asus PB287Q is the only properly tested 4k TN which has <28ms delay, which is higher than most of the multi-input 27" 1440p monitors. IMO 4K TN's are junk since they are charging 600$ for slightly sharper (depending on scaling), matte 60hz TN's one would normally pay <250$ for, and the best 24" TNs have better colors since they suffer from less gamma shift and are less viewing angle dependent.

Last edited:
Actually, MVA and IPS can switch every bit as fast as TN.

Bullshit, I have an overclocked ips and still see blur that I don't on a tn at the same refresh rate. VA panels with a higher response time tend to have a lot of overshoot from what I read.

TN panels can and often do look crisper in motion.

The Asus PB287Q is the only properly tested 4k TN which has <28ms delay, which is higher than most of the multi-input 27" 1440p monitors. IMO 4K TN's are junk since they are charging 600$ for slightly sharper (depending on scaling), matte 60hz TN's one would normally pay <250$ for, and the best 24" TNs have better colors since they suffer from less gamma shift and are less viewing angle dependent.

Thanks for the info. That is one thing that worries me about a larger tn screen.

I am still reading many reviewers who claim of input lag with this unit. When will they produce a G SYNC module for high end IPS panels Give me an IPS panel at 144hz.

Why are these so much cheaper than WQHD monitors?

Wouldn't 4K be a bit small in text for a 28" ?

it have to be like 2 inches from my eyes lol......would definitely have to use larger fonts and icons:)

Technically, the IPS design does not switch as fast, but it can switch fast enough to do 120 Hz.

Technically, the IPS design does not switch as fast, but it can switch fast enough to do 120 Hz.
With severe ghosting. It's physically impossible to lower persistance in an IPS matrix enough to prevent ghosting at high refresh rates, and overdrive modes add overshoot. Realistically IPS panels could probably do ~96Hz without issues.

It would be unusual to use native DPI on a screen like this. The idea is to bump up the DPI to make everything bigger, but clearer.

With severe ghosting. It's physically impossible to lower persistance in an IPS matrix enough to prevent ghosting at high refresh rates, and overdrive modes add overshoot. Realistically IPS panels could probably do ~96Hz without issues.

wat?

Quit exaggerating. LCD is mature enough that you see no real ghosting issues on a good IPS panel. The process can achieve 120hz just as well as TN. Does that mean we're going to get it anytime soon? No, because mfg's are just fine selling dipshit gamers overpriced 144hz TN pos panels. And gamers are buying..

And while we're at it, LCD tech as a whole is, and always has been a giant turd of a technology. Why we landed on this limited, garbage standard is beyond me. OLED cannot get here fast enough. And even then it appears it will be a while before it matures and we get past the silly input latency the current sets are displaying.

Quit exaggerating. LCD is mature enough that you see no real ghosting issues on a good IPS panel. The process can achieve 120hz just as well as TN. Does that mean we're going to get it anytime soon? No, because mfg's are just fine selling dipshit gamers overpriced 144hz TN pos panels. And gamers are buying..

And while we're at it, LCD tech as a whole is, and always has been a giant turd of a technology. Why we landed on this limited, garbage standard is beyond me. OLED cannot get here fast enough. And even then it appears it will be a while before it matures and we get past the silly input latency the current sets are displaying.

Semantics. You'll see a good bit more blur on an ips at 120hz than a tn at the same refresh rate. I clearly see it on my monitors. Actual measurements from third party review sites like prad.de back that up too.

Yes, I use my catleap far more often than my 144hz tn (mostly use it for 3d) but I could see why some people would prefer a tn.

Also seems like most of the "faster" va displays have overshoot. That would drive me nuts.

Last edited:
i've gone back to my vg236 for multiplayer games from my qnix because the blur and size were making me frequently miss enemies. playing as a helicopter gunner and trying to see ground-colored people as everything smears together is horrible, and missing people in your peripheral you ordinarily wouldn't with a smaller screen is almost worse.

http://i.imgur.com/DQjlEBQ.png

$500 uhd with 1 ms response time. Do you need to even ask?

Back