AOC 34" CU34G2X 144Hz UW $438 | Amazon

WorldExclusive

[H]F Junkie
In stock at even a lower price of $438. Ship & Sold by Amazon.
These are hard to find at MSRP.

Has Adaptive Sync | ~1ms

AOC 34" CU34G2X 144Hz | 3440x1440 | VA Panel | UW $438
Amazon

This is a great write up on the monitor: https://pcmonitors.info/reviews/aoc-cu34g2x/

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Dang. That's not bad at all. Anyone have one of these to give a review on?

Last edited:
Anyone know how well Gsync works with this? If it comes back in stock my work is willing to buy it for me. It would be nice if I could game on it too :p

Anybody can look up a review. I'm asking for a hard users review.

I have one, mainly use it for racing games as it's attached to my sim rig. Most of the internet reviews are pretty accurate, works well with AMD for Freesync but I think G-Sync might have some issues. I think you can configure a custom frequency range to possibly resolve the issues. Otherwise it's a VA panel so usual VA panel stuff applies. Good blacks and contrast, motion is not as good as my IPS monitor but better than my old Samsung VA 144hz that had the purple fringing. Worst part of the monitor is the menu/button system, it doesn't have a joystick and the buttons are small so it takes a while to set anything the first time. Once your options are set though it doesn't really matter.

Where is the link for $438? The lowest price I can see is $563.

Back in stock. I got mine yesterday. Panel has even brightness, all zones 100% and no dead pixels out of the box. Colors will need tweaks.

Anyone know how well Gsync works with this? If it comes back in stock my work is willing to buy it for me. It would be nice if I could game on it too :p

So far it's working well for me. I use a 2060 Super and it feels very smooth.
It my first G-Sync experience, so to others they may have a better comparison.
Just keep your minimum framerate above 70fps to prevent any potential flickering or black screen issues.

This is a great write up on the monitor: https://pcmonitors.info/reviews/aoc-cu34g2x/

Last edited:
Freesync works perfect I have 2 of the C24G1 displays and a RTX 2060 Super FE and works fantastic.

The 27" curved version is in stock at $349.99 I think it was. Delivered by Tuesday or from other vendors on amazon by the 13th.

Well maybe it's an illusion....I saw 9...now 5.....can't seem to add any to my cart or use purchase now....ugh..oh well =P

I assume this will work fine with Nvidia cards for GSync? Any major downside to this monitor?

No HDR, but still the price looks pretty good.

I assume this will work fine with Nvidia cards for GSync? Any major downside to this monitor?

No HDR, but still the price looks pretty good.

Mine has several HDR settings in the HUD, though I haven't tested them. Apprently it works but is lacking according to Tom's Hardware.

I tried Gsync with an RTX 2060 on my laptop and it worked just fine. I've since set this up with a 5700XT and it is an awesome combo. Wanted to compare the Freesync experience to the Gsync one.

I prefer this monitor to the Agon AG352UCG I have at home. That panel is only 100Hz and has noticeable lightbleed. This one has considerably less. It will be replacing my primary screen. Overall I'm amazed at the performance of this monitor. No wonder they're selling out so quickly.

My only negative so far is that text looks a little washed out with white backgrounds. I'm not sure if there is a setting that can be changed to fix that but for instance black on white sometimes looks like it has red phasing out of it. I though it was my eyesight but it's not.

Hope that helps!

I received mine yesterday. I am still tweaking things, but I do have an issue, I don't seem to be able to go into my bios with this monitor. I tried changing the resolution down to 1920x1080 and that didn't work either. Yet if I plug in the monitor I was previously using I can get in just fine. The motherboard is the Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero (Wi-Fi) and I am using the same DP cable that I was using with the previous monitor. I tried the F2\Delete keys and tried holding shift while selecting reboot (using win 10) to go into advanced mode and then boot into UEFI (neither works). Not even seeing the ASUS splash screen with the new monitor...but shows on the old. I'm a little confused as to what's going on here..lol. I'll keep tweaking the settings...and see if that works for me....

I received mine yesterday. I am still tweaking things, but I do have an issue, I don't seem to be able to go into my bios with this monitor. I tried changing the resolution down to 1920x1080 and that didn't work either. Yet if I plug in the monitor I was previously using I can get in just fine. The motherboard is the Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero (Wi-Fi) and I am using the same DP cable that I was using with the previous monitor. I tried the F2\Delete keys and tried holding shift while selecting reboot (using win 10) to go into advanced mode and then boot into UEFI (neither works). Not even seeing the ASUS splash screen with the new monitor...but shows on the old. I'm a little confused as to what's going on here..lol. I'll keep tweaking the settings...and see if that works for me....

Really? Wow. Mashing the BIOS key doesn't work either? I can understand not seeing the splash screen but the keyboard should still be passing strokes to the system. The monitor should have nothing to do with that. This makes no sense.

Yeah, the only thing I can think that I did wrong was to swap the monitors out, while the pc was still running. I tried killing all the built-in monitor goodies like HDR and low latency input...etc....I even removed the video card drivers and re-installed them. I again swapped monitors (using same Display Port cable) and was easily able to get into the bios again. I only went in because I waned to OC the CPU a lil bit...wanted to boost it now that I have a monitor that does 144hz. And yeah, tried mashing the DEL and the F2 keys...after several tries on both keys...meh..not sure what to do.

I might try a to and use DDU and then a clean install of the vid card drivers again...but yeah - not sure how the monitor would effect entering the bios...same vid card for both monitors (1080 ti).

I tried using an HDMI cable and I was then able to get into the BIOS. I then tried another DP cable and both inputs on the monitor and two different outputs from the video card and no luck. So strange..lol.

I might try a to and use DDU and then a clean install of the vid card drivers again...but yeah - not sure how the monitor would effect entering the bios...same vid card for both monitors (1080 ti).

DDU shouldn't do anything in that regard since it is an OS level utility. Could you try plugging your keyboard into a different port? Maybe there is some sort of conflict? I dunno...

I tried using an HDMI cable and I was then able to get into the BIOS. I then tried another DP cable and both inputs on the monitor and two different outputs from the video card and no luck. So strange..lol.

I used the DP cable that came with the monitor. It's the correct DP1.4 cable.

Yeah, the 2nd DP cable I tried was the one that came with the monitor. I do have a 3rd I can try..that's brand new..picked up to use with this monitor. I could move the keyboard, but it does work with the old monitor and the HDMI cable, but heck..I'll try it anyways.

AMD card?

Nope 1080 TI - and I found the FIX!!!....Apparently there is a DP firmware update for older Nvidia cards, which is strange, because I was able to run the monitor at 120-144hz....
Here is the link if anyone else needs\has this issue (of not being able to access the BIOS with DP connected on older 1080 ti cards)

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/nv-uefi-update-x64/

Happy Computing All!

Nope 1080 TI - and I found the FIX!!!....Apparently there is a DP firmware update for older Nvidia cards, which is strange, because I was able to run the monitor at 120-144hz....
Here is the link if anyone else needs\has this issue (of not being able to access the BIOS with DP connected on older 1080 ti cards)

Happy Computing All!
Yay! Congrats! What a weird issue... I never would've guessed.

Happy Computing All!
"Yeah who would have thought that it was a firmware update needed. I'm trying to think the last time I manually updated firmware that wasn't part of an automatic Windows update.

Mine finally arrived, and I updated my firmware before plugging it in (Thanks Xerack). How are you guys calibrating?

I haven't yet done any calibration of monitors before (I know..I know...wtf? - lol) I haven't had to do any type of work that requires the need to be color accurate. I have thought about picking up a SpyderX eventually...

Last edited:
Back