Anyway to tell if my MSN got hacked?

Red Squirrel

[H]F Junkie
I have a very strong password, which I recently changed. Today I came to my computer and Pidgen was logged out and it said "logged out due to connected from somewhere else". This is not right... how would someone have gotten into the account, and how would I tell? Everything looks ok, like I don't see contacts added or deleted or anything.

I'm not really that worried as there's nothing confidential, but what worries me is how they got the password in first place. Is there a known issue with MSN going on or something?

I have a pfsense firewall, what would I look for in there to see if someone is trying or has successfully hacked into my network? Everything is fairly secure as far as I know, but obviously someone managed to get my msn password somehow. It's in a PINs database, which they would of had to brute force the password to. That means they got all my other passwords too. I just can't see how anyone would have gotten on my network though, but now I'm paranoid.

I have a very strong password, which I recently changed. Today I came to my computer and Pidgen was logged out and it said "logged out due to connected from somewhere else". This is not right... how would someone have gotten into the account, and how would I tell? Everything looks ok, like I don't see contacts added or deleted or anything.

I'm not really that worried as there's nothing confidential, but what worries me is how they got the password in first place. Is there a known issue with MSN going on or something?

I have a pfsense firewall, what would I look for in there to see if someone is trying or has successfully hacked into my network? Everything is fairly secure as far as I know, but obviously someone managed to get my msn password somehow. It's in a PINs database, which they would of had to brute force the password to. That means they got all my other passwords too. I just can't see how anyone would have gotten on my network though, but now I'm paranoid.

Are you able to change your password on msn ? Does your other computer have msn messenger ?

I changed it again, the account has no signs of being hacked. I don't use it on any other PC nor do I use the web messenger service. So this is really weird.

you can make a fake email with something of interest like "back account info" with a link and see if anyone opens it.

Back