Anyway to stop all programs from "popping up"?

shanepez

Limp Gawd
One of the things that irks me is when I am in the middle of typing something, and some program, or something pops up, takes focus, and I start typing on that, or better yet hit "enter" and accept, or agree to something that I haven't even read.

Is there a way to make EVERYTHING pop up in the background?

For example, I'm playing TF2, and Java will want to update, minimizing my game. It's super annoying. Or when I first start my computer, and start logging into different things, all the programs will pop up on top of each other.

I hope there is a simple solution to this, because I would just prefer to have everything pop up in the background, and I'll get to it when I get to it.

use two computers. one is for your programs while the other contains nothing but games.

For example, I'm playing TF2, and Java will want to update, minimizing my game. It's super annoying.

How to turn off Check For Updates Automatically in the Java Update control panel

Or when I first start my computer, and start logging into different things, all the programs will pop up on top of each other.

Set your PC to sleep instead of shut down. Many programs have settings to not make pop-up windows. If you are getting UAC prompts on startup in Vista or Win7, you can set Task Scheduler to start those programs. You'll get more specific help here if you tell us which OS you are running and which programs you're logging into.

Back