Anyway to route Steam to run on a public University WIFI?

scgt1

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm at UT Southwestern Zale Lipshy Hospital in downtown Dallas. Stuck at least for another night and loosing my mind with nothing to do. I've tried to play MWO but cannot connect. Tried Steam and it won't connect either. So obviously the ports are blocked that these use. Is there anyway to forward or something so I can connect to one or the other?

No that was a statement by him. You would need to tunnel the traffic somewhere in order for it to work properly. The issue is using a VPN on the right ports for it to let the traffic pass. Chances are default ports and probably just about everything above 1024 are blocked so you would need to have somewhere with a VPN server on say port 80 to even have a chance at it working.

A proxy would work fine for internet traffic, but I don't know if you can find a proxy to funnel all traffic. Chances are most proxies would also be blocked and if you could proxy the game it would run poorly anyway.

Your best bet.... Play an offline game.

Call and ask for them to open up the ports.
I did that when we used to play CS 1.6

I though there was a don't ask how to "circumvent X network's restrictions".
But I could be wrong.

eh maybe there is. I never post in this forum so I didn't read the tos of it. Didn't think I was asking too much just trying to play on Steam.

Back