Anyway to force Windows XP....

Is there anyway to force Windows XP to use different network adaptors to accomplish different tasks?

I have a hard line for accessing my internet locally and would like to use wireless to access my server that's in a part of the house that cable can't be routed to easily. Everytime I try to access the server, the controller that handles my local internet access attempts to access the server and of course, it can't. The only way to currently access the wireless server is to go into the device manager and disable my onboard NIC's and leave the wireless functioning. When I do this, I can access the server perfectly. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Add a static route for the server's ip address to go through the wireless interface

Command line in windows xp, using route command. Look it up on google, it's been a while since I did it on a windows box.

Add a static route for the server's ip address to go through the wireless interface

Command line in windows xp, using route command. Look it up on google, it's been a while since I did it on a windows box.

Also, make sure you remove the default gateway entry on your wireless adapter. You will have to assign it a static IP address to do that. Otherwise you may have some really weird behavior when you try to access the Internet through your wired adapter.

yes the route command does this... its very good. I use it at work to put low time scale tasks over 1 DSL line and others (eg Terminal Services, remote desktop etc) over another

Back