Anyway on a desktop pc to use my integrated graphics on my i7 7700k processor and my EVGA Nvidia graphics card ?

ng4ever

2[H]4U
Is that possible ? Guessing not but wanted to see.

I only want to use the integrated graphics for Hardware-Accelerated Streaming on a plex server. Just to test mainly. Not for a default one.

Do not want to use integrated graphics for my monitor or anything else.

Also if this is not really possible what about somehow not having to take out my video card but just enable my integrated graphics on my i7 7700k to test plex mainly with Hardware-Accelerated Streaming? Mainly seeing if I ever upgrade my main pc if it is worth doing so and making the i7 7700k with integrated graphics a plex server instead.

Is that possible ? Guessing not but wanted to see.

I only want to use the integrated graphics for Hardware-Accelerated Streaming on a plex server. Just to test mainly. Not for a default one.

Do not want to use integrated graphics for my monitor or anything else.
You want to do real-time transcoding?

I think it’s possible with a change to a bios setting. There’s a setting that disables integrated graphics when a graphic card is detected (setting enabled by default). You would have to disable it.

I think you would also need to go into nvidia control panel and force intel graphics on plex app

You need a Plex Pass to enable GPU transcoding. not sure if you have a Pass or not or didn't know you need it.

Also if this is not really possible what about somehow not having to take out my video card but just enable my integrated graphics on my i7 7700k to test plex mainly with Hardware-Accelerated Streaming? Mainly seeing if I ever upgrade my main pc if it is worth doing so and making the i7 7700k with integrated graphics a plex server instead.

I'll save you the trouble. Yes, it's worth it.

Back