Anyway I can turn my laptop into a wireless ethernet bridge for Xbox 360?

SNYP40A1

Limp Gawd
My laptop has wireless and an 10/100 ethernet port. I want to connect the 10/100 port to my XBox and use it to supply internet connection. Can this be done (running WinXP)?

I suppose you could but, why? Go buy a basic wireless linksys or d-link router that will do the job much easier with less fustration. Or go one better, do straight ethernet to the 360. Wireless is for road warriors and coffee web surfers, not for lag free gaming.

You could also get a Linksys WRT54GL and throw Tomato firmware on it. I find it extremely intuitive and more flexible than DD-WRT firmware.

Yah Windows ICS will do it, but your online experience with the XBox will suck. ICS and performance do not go in the same sentence.

Basically what you do is, is go to "View Network Connections" then you select the wireless adapter, then at the same time select the ethernet adapter, so both the wireless and ethernet adapters are highlighted, then right click and click "Bridge Connections."

This has worked well for me in the past.

You can use a Linux LiveCD that is compatible with your wireless card (preferably Knoppix or Ubuntu) and follow these instructions to make a wireless bridge for your Xbox.

If that seems too complicated I would go with the WRT54GL router flashed with DD-WRT too. I've got one hooked up to my Xbox 360 and it does its job well (with the occasional monthly reboot of course).

Or a Linksys WET54g and use it right out of the box. In 15mins you'll be up and ready to go.

You can use a Linux LiveCD that is compatible with your wireless card (preferably Knoppix or Ubuntu) and follow these instructions to make a wireless bridge for your Xbox.

If that seems too complicated I would go with the WRT54GL router flashed with DD-WRT too. I've got one hooked up to my Xbox 360 and it does its job well (with the occasional monthly reboot of course).

I might try the Linux Live CD now...after bricking a WRT54G router while trying to downgrade from v24 to v23 for the better client bridge support.

Back