Anything to Sell or Trade?

DSee

2[H]4U
Does anyone have anything to sell or trade?
This section is pretty dead.

I've got a 4P I might be decommissioning in April, so I'll post it here if I haven't sold it already. The rest are small parts I'll be putting up if I take my office down.

I've got a 4P I might be decommissioning in April, so I'll post it here if I haven't sold it already. The rest are small parts I'll be putting up if I take my office down.

Nice. Got 2 here as well not being used ;/
I want a dual E5 system. Anyone has it?

I saw some cheap Intel dual E5 boards, but I think they were v1. I'm waiting to build a dual v3 e5 off of an Asus board I've been drooling over, but I can't afford it yet with a toddler roaming around.

I saw some cheap Intel dual E5 boards, but I think they were v1. I'm waiting to build a dual v3 e5 off of an Asus board I've been drooling over, but I can't afford it yet with a toddler roaming around.

I have no experience with them Intel E5s (chips or boards). Mind sharing a link or a quick PM with a overview?

You might want to move that question in the main DC forum. All of "my" systems are E5-2xxx, E5-4xxx and E5-8xxx in Sandy Bridge / Ivy Bridge / Haswell and Broadwell flavors; also have Silver and Gold Skylake chips, too. All the machines I'm using are servers, so would be different than the Asus board McG mentioned; although my home system is a Asus Sabertooth something or other with a single E5-2697v2.

I wish your employer sold off old hardware on the low-low.

Ha! Me, too! :D We keep it forever as we support our products "forever"... so disposing of stuff rarely happens for that reason.

Its fairly dead as folding is now gpu based and there is always a ready market for them, the few of us left running 2p or larger are probably just going to run them until they give up the ghost. That's my plan for the 2p machines I have

Depends on what you're doing. Since you mention "folding", then yes, for F@H CPUs are outclassed by GPUs. For BOINC, on the other hand, many projects don't support GPUs... so 2P/4P servers pretty much rule the roost. (As proven when I crushed Zune's massive desktop army with ~10 servers) For things like PrimeGrid I've never bothered to compare what the total output over ~24H was for a GPU vs. a single E5 was. So meaning that GPUs can bang out the WUs pretty fast; but does it out perform an E5/E7/SL CPU churning out 20+ WUs at once?

I'm pretty sure my GPU farm will put perform your CPU farm in PrimeGrid. So yes. GPUs will out pace CPUs when a project supports both.

G34s, I think we already talked about it... They're useless. I do have 2 GPUs (GTX680 and GTX1070), but not sure if they are worth anything.

Oh that's right. You have 60+ G34 CPUs right? Still got those?

I wouldn't mind some 6180s or 6280s to swap into my 4Ps.

Are you not running those two systems? We could use the production come the 16th for the WCG Birthday event... just saying.

Not running, need to find why my electricity is so high. around $300+/month

G34s, I think we already talked about it... They're useless. I do have 2 GPUs (GTX680 and GTX1070), but not sure if they are worth anything.

how much for the 1070?

Anybody interested in trading a 4P Opteron 6174(X2)/6176(X2) with 64 GB of ECC for a modern (last two years) Intel quad-core with a high clock speed? I need to run a server that needs a very good single-thread performance.

Back