Anything similar to the G502?

Maddnotez

Limp Gawd
So I have the G502 Hero. It's a great mouse, very smooth and I just love the way it feels compared to others but I absolutely dislike the Ghub software. It just simply is broken for me when it comes to setting the DPIs.

Any mouse out there that feels the same with better software?

maro

Gawd
I can't say for sure with the 502 Hero (I have the pwm3366 version), but I think it should work with the older version of software called Logitech Gaming Software. It has not been updated for a couple years but IMO is far better than GHub. Logitech still has it for download on their site. May be worth a try. Some of their newest products require GHub but the 502 Hero should be old enough to work with either.

TheSlySyl

[H]ard|Gawd
I can't say for sure with the 502 Hero (I have the pwm3366 version), but I think it should work with the older version of software called Logitech Gaming Software. It has not been updated for a couple years but IMO is far better than GHub. Logitech still has it for download on their site. May be worth a try. Some of their newest products require GHub but the 502 Hero should be old enough to work with either.
The hero does NOT work with LGS. I've tried.

As for a mouse similar to the G502 but by a different company - I'm sure they exist but I haven't actually looked that heavily myself.
So i'd love to know the responses to this.

Reactions: maro
like this

maro

Gawd
The hero does NOT work with LGS. I've tried.
Damn... so much for that idea. A little surprised too - the G305 lightspeed is newer than the 502 Hero and yet it works great with LGS.

Maybe the 305 lightspeed is NOT newer than the 502 Hero. Either way it sucks it doesn't work with LGS, 'cause GHub sounds awful.

criccio

Fully Equipped
What is the problem with setting the DPI? I use 800 DPI. I set 800 DPI as the only option in GHub and now I never touch it. Real simple.