Anything I need to know before seating my new 3600?

DWD1961

[H]ard|Gawd
I rember my last AMD, the Athlon 64 x2, the pins were really easy to bend. What's the best way to seat this CPU without bending pins.

I rember my last AMD, the Athlon 64 x2, the pins were really easy to bend. What's the best way to seat this CPU without bending pins.
Just be gentle and line it up correctly and put it in, the CPU that is 😄

The biggest offender for bending pins, IMO, is forgetting this isn't like a LGA socket with its retention bracket. When reseating, adjusting, or removing the heatsink, remember to twist it off, in order to break the TIM's grip on the CPU. Don't want to pull the CPU out by the heatsink, basically.

The biggest offender for bending pins, IMO, is forgetting this isn't like a LGA socket with its retention bracket. When reseating, adjusting, or removing the heatsink, remember to twist it off, in order to break the TIM's grip on the CPU. Don't want to pull the CPU out by the heatsink, basically.
Great tip.

I normally just hold it above the socket aligned in the proper direction and let it drop into place. Just never push it in as it should just drop in there then put a finger on top and close the handle.

When reseating, adjusting, or removing the heatsink, remember to twist it off, in order to break the TIM's grip on the CPU. Don't want to pull the CPU out by the heatsink, basically.
so much this^^. it even better to do it right after you turn the system off so the TIM is warm.

The writing should line up with writing on motherboard, or just match the triangle correctly and let it fall into place. I think you would have to force it to get it in there incorrectly. Its easier to screw up taking it out cause well on mine it just pulled right out with out me even opening the latch. Like they said, heat up then twist first before any lifting.

If you want to have some fun, you can always recreate that first scene from Indiana Jones raiders of the lost ark. Look at the board install the socket and then run

If you want to have some fun, you can always recreate that first scene from Indiana Jones raiders of the lost ark. Look at the board install the socket and then run

Me flipping the switch when i was 11 years old and had built my first rig

Open the latch on the socket, make sure you have it oriented right, and it should drop right in with no force required. Then you put the latch lever back down.

Oh, and obviously don't drop the CPU.

Open the latch on the socket, make sure you have it oriented right, and it should drop right in with no force required. Then you put the latch lever back down.

Oh, and obviously don't drop the CPU.
For some reason, my fingers like to drop fragile things. They never drop plastic cups, only glass.

Don't drink too much coffee. Too much caffeine gives me shaky hands.

Also wash the hands beforehand (pun intended), helps with delicate things. If you are in the trades and have giant meat sausages for fingers, (know a guy with huge fingers and struggles to pick up a dime off the floor) ask you wife to do it if you're uncomfortable.

Everything else was pretty much covered. I honestly think AMD sockets are easier, since CPU pins are bigger than LGA pins on Intel boards.

Fuck. I bounce tested it last night when my mom and I were playing catch with it. Conclusion: AMD Ryzen CPUs do not bounce that well.
You can also look up the pin out and find all the ground pins, then remove half of them, this makes the CPU lighter and thus faster......

Back