Anything better than my 4890 for under 150?

Dosobye

Limp Gawd
any suggestions?
I am thinking of atleast 25-50% increase. Is that possible yet?

If ya look on Ebay, ya can get a used 6870 for around 150.00,sometimes even a hd 6950 for around 200.00

Pick your poison. Still plenty of 6870 cards on Newegg for a good price. Here is the difference compared to the 4870 vs 6870. I know the 4890 is faster still, but even still the margin is still pretty huge if you add in the 10% performance difference. Were you on of those who overclocked the 4890 though?

6850 or 6870 if you can find a good deal is your best bet. Anything slower, including everything in the 67xx line, wouldn't be an upgrade for you.

Although you can buy used and save money, also consider the recent bitcoin fad and all of the people who bought cheap cards such as the 6870 just to run them into the ground mining for bitcoins - after which they just dump them on eBay.

6850 or 6870 if you can find a good deal is your best bet. Anything slower, including everything in the 67xx line, wouldn't be an upgrade for you.

Although you can buy used and save money, also consider the recent bitcoin fad and all of the people who bought cheap cards such as the 6870 just to run them into the ground mining for bitcoins - after which they just dump them on eBay.

Hey! Thats not nice! I need me bitcoins!

*pssst*

Listen to this man.

In all seriousness... bitcoins are profitable and people are DUMPING hardware right now for FPGA's and 7970 cards. Getting ready to sell 4x5770's, a 5830, and 5x 5850's this summer and replace all of that with 3 7990's when they get released. A friend is upgrading his system with a pair of 6870's I had for 7 months now mining 24/7. Popped them in this system (check sig) and work great for gaming (no artifacting.)

People think mining stresses the card. It doesn't, it's the regular heating up and cooling down that break the solder joints underneath the cards... causing artifacting. Whether your cards are 37c or 85c... keep them at a constant temp and don't flip it between those points and you'll have a card that lasts years.

Last thing,,, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=75.0

You'll find more 5K series cards then 6K, but people have them and they're for sale.

Back