Anything better than a Galaxy S in the sub-$200 range?

DuronClocker

[H]ard|Gawd
Finally am jumping onto the smartphone bandwagon. We're on a T-Mobile value plan, so no subsidized phone.

We got my wife a Galaxy S (first gen, non-4G) a couple months ago to replace her old G1, and we are both very happy with it.

I'm looking at getting the same for myself now since I just upgraded our plan today.

I can get a first-gen Galaxy S for $190 mint/like new on eBay, so I'm using that as my benchmark. Anything better than that for right around the same price?

Just try finding a phone that is from a recent production date, old phones carry wear on buttons, headphone usb jacks, plastic flex....

Just make sure you don't really need the GPS to be reliable. Only the Epic and the Nexus S has the necessary fixes to make the GPS reliable (I didn't say "work", they work, just not as reliable as handsets from other vendors).

Nexus s for T-Mobile is around 200. The G2 is pretty good too if u like a keyboard.

As long as you can find a PowerVR SGX 540 based phone for cheap, I'd go for it. Avoid the older MSM based phones if you can (Wildfire S, etc.) If that Galaxy S is for $190 as you say it is on eBay, nab it. I'd then wait for CM to release an ICS ROM for it.

Back