Anyone working on getting Window Server 2008 certified?

Hawk88

Weaksauce
Just wondering if anyone is currently working on their MCITP: Server Administrator or Enterprise Administrator?

Since starting my own company, the need for me to personally be certified has diminished. My experience speaks way louder with customers than certs to. So to answer the question directly, I don't plan on upgrading my certs at this point.

I've upgraded my MCSE 2003 to the three MCITP certs. I'm going next week to take the Enterprise Administrator test. I still need to do the Vista configuration cert after that though.

We are having to at our work. What are you using for study material? We are on a short time-frame to get certified, so I am thinking tesking or something in that vain. Yes, I know its not going to teach you anything, that is also why I ordered the Microsoft books, so at my leisure, I can actually gain the knowledge.

I have the 70-647 book coming in next week. I've been using Server 2008 since its release and also watched some of the train signal videos on it. I've looked at a braindump for it, but don't hold out much faith that it is accurate. I figure I could pass it with just a light brush up on trusts.

Bump. This topic died too quickly; there's gotta be more people studying for their MCTS or MCITP certs.

I'm scheduled to take 70-642 (Network Infrastructure) on Friday afternoon. Then, I'll study for 70-640 and 70-646. I haven't decided if I'll continue past that for the Enterprise Administrator test.

So far, been using the Microsoft Press Sef-Paced training books along with running my Server 2008 lab in Microsoft Virtual Server. Just lately, been going over some sample test material and I'm definately anticipating to pass.

I just got the self paced training kit with all the core books, they finally released it last week. Why did you choose to go with 70-642 before 70-640. The book for 70-640 is the largest by a mile, btw. I also bought the book for Server Administrator (70-646) which is pretty large as well. I also got the testking for 70-640. I am thinking of taking 640 next week. Good luck on 642 Nybbles.

working on it right now, haven't taken the first test yet...

I just got the self paced training kit with all the core books, they finally released it last week. Why did you choose to go with 70-642 before 70-640. The book for 70-640 is the largest by a mile, btw. I also bought the book for Server Administrator (70-646) which is pretty large as well. I also got the testking for 70-640. I am thinking of taking 640 next week. Good luck on 642 Nybbles.

Nybbles and I studying together. Both taking the exam on Friday. I chose 70-642 first because network Infastructure is what I do day-today. Primary File and Print. It was a lot less new matrial for us to cover. I'll have to spend more than a few days on 70-640 but it doesn't look too difficult.

I took and passed the 70-647. I don't officially have the Enterprise Admin cert yet because I still need to go take the 70-620 Configuring Vista test. I'm hoping to do that in the next two weeks if I can find the time.

I'm currently studying for 70-640, well in so far as I have the book but I haven't opened it yet. I went with the Microsoft Press book. I would have started it already but I decided to rush through Server+ to fill a requirement at work.

Back