anyone worked with HP M111 wifi bridges? I have a weird problem

cyr0n_k0r

Supreme [H]ardness
So a vendor came in and put in all these HP M111 wireless bridges for a project.
I gave them all the info they need, IP addresses, SSID, encryption, etc.
They are setup as far as I can tell and if I hook up a computer behind the bridge I can ping the rest of the network. I can ping the bridge, The VLAN gateway, and even other computers.

However, I can't ping the other way. Coming FROM the network I can't ping the bridge or the computer behind the bridge.
There isn't any policy or ACL's or anything that would prevent this.
Is there some setting I am missing in these HP M111's that blocks network access coming IN from the rest of the network?

Make sure IP forwarding is enabled, otherwise packets are going to get dropped with destinations that aren't in the M111's ARP cache.

Have you reboot the AP and/or Switch.

I played with vlan on my HP v-m200 and Cisco SG200 and until reboot configuration wasn't always go through.

Sometimes you have to:
- Edit settings
- Save configuration
- Reboot
- Test
- Repeat if needed

So more troubleshooting with this garbage product has yielded more problems.

We are now able to ping the bridges but only if we hook up a laptop behind it and ping OUT first.
Then we notice that if we ping the bridge and the laptop behind the bridge at the same time we see that 1 will respond, then start to time out while the other responds. (IE, you can only get a ping reply from 1 device, never both)
We see that the firmware for these units is 4.2.0 or something from 2005. Searching does not reveal any new firmware updates for this device.

Does ANYONE have these things and have encountered the problems?

Back