anyone with luck fixing a stuck pixel?

j0j081

Gawd
I'm wondering whether to bother trying to fix this stuck pixel on my 206bw. It's not that annoying but pretty easily visible on a white background. It seems to be stuck on the color red but it doesn't show on black so I guess it could be dead but not sure why it looks red on white then. Anyone successfully fixed a stuck pixel before and how did you do it? I've read a few guides and tried a couple methods on my last lcd but couldn't get them to work.

I had a pixel on my first LG L246WP panel that was the same as what you described. While I couldn't fix it with rubbing or pixel exercisers, I could hide it by rubbing the pixel and the area around the pixel. Rub in one direction and the pixel is hidden, rub in the other direction and the pixel shows up again. When the pixel is hidden, if you press on the screen in that area, you'll see the pixel again. It's probably something I could've lived with if I had to, but since my panel was still within the return period, I chose to exchange it.

I had a pixel on my first LG L246WP panel that was the same as what you described.
While I couldn't fix it with rubbing or pixel exercisers, I could hide it by rubbing the pixel and the area around the pixel.
Rub in one direction and the pixel is hidden, rub in the other direction and the pixel shows up again.
When the pixel is hidden, if you press on the screen in that area, you'll see the pixel again. ....
Its ingenious, the way you figured that out. Excellent logic. I'll remember it.

I had a pixel on my first LG L246WP panel that was the same as what you described. While I couldn't fix it with rubbing or pixel exercisers, I could hide it by rubbing the pixel and the area around the pixel. Rub in one direction and the pixel is hidden, rub in the other direction and the pixel shows up again. When the pixel is hidden, if you press on the screen in that area, you'll see the pixel again. It's probably something I could've lived with if I had to, but since my panel was still within the return period, I chose to exchange it.

Worked for me too, I just never realized that was it.

hmm sounds good. how does that work?

Have had 0 luck fixing 3 stuck pixels.

2 of them were on recent new BenQ FP241WZ's. Go go NCIX dead pixel policy...

I tried using pressure and the screen exercisers. No effect. I think it's a bunch of rubbish.

Nope, never fixed a defective pixel of any kind. I think it's likely a lot of "success stories" amount to removing an external piece of dust. Also, some defects are only apparent when viewed from certain angles on certain backgrounds, and it's easy to think they've gone away when they really haven't, which you discover some time after posting you "fixed" one.

yeah maybe but I'm still trying to find out what he meant by "hiding" it. I tried rubbing in different directions on my 206bw and it didn't make any difference.

I did have success fixing a stuck pixel. It was a complete coincidence, actually. I had learned to deal with it, but I was moving my monitor and a cable slipped. The screen jittered (not degaussing) and when I looked again, the pixel was fixed.

No luck fixing 1 dead pixel stuck red. The faster you let it go, the happier you'll be. It's very difficult to see, especially if its not dead center.

on my psp i fixed one by running a program that flashed soild colors,, i ran it for a few hours... however i think the issue was different on the psp screen it was defects they just needed to break in not shure if it is similar to your pixel cause theres different kinds of stuck and broke

I had one stuck pixel on my Samsung 740n, it happened about three months after I got it... none of those pixel fix programs worked for me, but I did the 'massage' technique and it worked, it took a couple minutes of massaging but it went away and it's been over a year now and it's still gone..

and yeah I massaged my pixel! :D

I have the same monitor and right after I bought it I had one that was stuck red. I would rub it and it would go away for a few hours or days then come back, but eventually I guess I got it right because it hasn't been back since.

From what I remember I just got a microfiber cloth and rubbed it in a circular direction around/over it.

Back