Anyone with a MSi p67 board?

tokey

Supreme [H]ardness
I am looking at stepping away from Gigabyte and trying a different brand.

Asus is on my do not buy list since all 5 times I have purchased from asus the boards were DOA. The p5q-deluxe was the last time I have purchased anything from asus.

I like the reviews I have seen on the MSI boards and was wondering what current owners initial impressions are.. I figure I will start out on a lower end P67A-C43 just in case the board turns out to be a dud like the asus ones I have purchased.

*disclaimer* I am not knocking the quality of Asus. I have just had bad personal experiences with them. I know there are many happy and loyal Asus fans out there and I am not trying to stir you guys up. :)

man you must have some back luck when the last 5 asus board you bought were DOA.

I've got a P67S-C43 on the way, which is the P67A-C43 without USB3. I'll chime in after I get everything running.

I just picked up an MSI P67A-C43 with an i5 2400. I've never owned an MSI board before -- I was a Gigabyte user long ago and an ASUS user for the last many years.

So far it has been working well except for one issue. I was getting horribly choppy Blu-Ray playback when playing movies located on my media server. I was getting respectable 80MB/s transfer rates copying files so initially I didn't suspect the network. However, playing Blu-Rays directly from the Blu-Ray drive did not seem to have this problem.

I searched around and found an updated Realtek network driver (MSI's LiveUpdate was not listing this newer driver) which corrected the issue for the most part. I still had the occasional glitch, but it was once or twice during a movie compared to being unplayably choppy from the start.

Since then, I just disabled the onboard network and installed an Intel PCI-Express gigabit card. Even the occasional glitch has disappeared now.

Other than that, Windows 7 scored my CPU and memory at 7.6. I'm using it mainly as an HTPC so I'm not really pushing it very hard right now...

I have a MSI P67A-GD55. So far I am not impressed. The EUFI bios inverts my mouse for some strange reason so I updated the bios hoping that would fix it and it corrupted Windows 7 so I had to reinstall it. I read somewhere that it only happens with a Razer mouse (I have a Razer Deathadder) so I don't know what to do now. I tried searching for a fix and have found nothing. I'm also not fond of Asus since I have had problems with them also. I'll give it a couple of more days to see how it goes and then return it if I am not happy and get an Asrock or Gigabyte board.

I have a MSI P67A-GD55. So far I am not impressed. The EUFI bios inverts my mouse for some strange reason so I updated the bios hoping that would fix it and it corrupted Windows 7 so I had to reinstall it. I read somewhere that it only happens with a Razer mouse (I have a Razer Deathadder) so I don't know what to do now. I tried searching for a fix and have found nothing. I'm also not fond of Asus since I have had problems with them also. I'll give it a couple of more days to see how it goes and then return it if I am not happy and get an Asrock or Gigabyte board.

I have the same problem with my C43 and Deathadder but it's not exactly difficult to navigate the BIOS with my keyboard. Good luck.

Thanks for the reply. Your right in that it is not that big of a deal to navigate, but I always like for my hardware to work correctly. All of my other cheapo mouses work correctly. Other than that the MB seems to be stable although the bios seems clunky compared to Asus and Asrock. I posted a message on the MSI forums and submitted a support ticket to MSI as requested by the forum moderator. Hopefully, they will find a fix since my Deathadder works correctly in windows so it is a bios issue. I also looked on the Razer forums but did not see a fix. I'll post back after I start overclocking.

I have an MSI P67A-GD65 and have been really happy with the board.. I had several X58 boards prior by several manufacturers and was never happy with the price/performance I was getting.. I had decent overclocks but the system just never felt right to me..

Board went in easily.. setup easily.. and overclocks great.. The only beef I had was I really wanted to give the MSI Control Center II a shot but the board would never let me adjust the cpu ratio in Windows with the program.. I posted on the MSI Forum and opened an MSI tkt.. Within a day I had good responses from the forum and had an updated version of MSI Control Center II from the MSI techs that resolved the trouble.. I know this wasnt a major hardware issue or anything but it was nice to get prompt assistance for a pesky type issue.. I was left feeling good with my experience so far..

I have an MSI P67A-GD65 and have been really happy with the board.. I had several X58 boards prior by several manufacturers and was never happy with the price/performance I was getting.. I had decent overclocks but the system just never felt right to me..

Board went in easily.. setup easily.. and overclocks great.. The only beef I had was I really wanted to give the MSI Control Center II a shot but the board would never let me adjust the cpu ratio in Windows with the program.. I posted on the MSI Forum and opened an MSI tkt.. Within a day I had good responses from the forum and had an updated version of MSI Control Center II from the MSI techs that resolved the trouble.. I know this wasnt a major hardware issue or anything but it was nice to get prompt assistance for a pesky type issue.. I was left feeling good with my experience so far..

Hey, could you post that version of Control Center II somewhere? I'm using version 2.0.012 and am having the same problem.

Nm. Someone (maybe you) posted it a Megaupload:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0DGJYDFK

Problem solved.

Last edited:
well this thread was pointless to me. I was given an Asus P8P67 as an early birthday present. So it looks like I will be trying my 6th Asus board. If it doesnt work I will get me an MSI board.

Although I have seen less complaints about gigabyte's boards.

Maybe staying away from the UEFI bios has proven to be a good idea for them.

Yeah that was me.. Glad it helped you out!!

It's been totally stable for me.. Glad I don't have to go in and out of the BIOS as often..

How do you set it to auto apply a saved profile though? Besides the part where I can't change my multi from my current version of the software, every time it starts up, it's on the default profile and always has that annoying alarm sound since my CPU fan runs below 1000 rpm. I can't seem to find any options for the program either.

How do you set it to auto apply a saved profile though? Besides the part where I can't change my multi from my current version of the software, every time it starts up, it's on the default profile and always has that annoying alarm sound since my CPU fan runs below 1000 rpm. I can't seem to find any options for the program either.

I don't think the tool is setup to perform "auto applying" of the profiles but I am not 100% certain.. If you do not specify a specific profile i believe the last settings that were applied are saved as your "default" profile.. Otherwise you need to save individual profile setups and load them when needed in the CC app prior to use..

Try downloading the latest version I recvd from MSI support via the link above.. Remove the previous version, install the latest version, then clear the CMOS as per MSI..

My support tkt w/ MSI was specifically for not being able to change my cpu ratio/multi in MSI CC and the latest version fixed that so it will probably square yours away to.. Also make sure you have "adjust cpu ratio in OS" enabled in the actual BIOS's OC section..

Last edited:
How do you set it to auto apply a saved profile though?

You can't. I even tried moving a shortcut to the profile file to Startup and it still doesn't automatically load a profile. It also won't apply the last profile by default so adding a shortcut to the program itself is also useless. Fun to play with but ultimately pointless if you want to set it and forget it. I opened a ticket with MSI to see if can get some more VCORE added to the BIOS. Then I won't need this program.

I originally had/have an ASUS p8p67 Deluxe... I really liked the board except if I upgraded the BIOS at all I couldn't get the Intel Raid Controller to work with my SSDs at all. Picked up a MSI GD65 and Everything works. I liked the build Quality of the Asus board a little bit better, it was quite a bit more expensive. I really liked that the Asus had a onboard Intel NIC, where the GD65 has the Realtek. The Control Center installed which was more than the Asus AI Suite would do (wouldn't install at all, numerous people having the same problem). I liked the ASUS bios better than the MSI as well. I will probably stick with the MSI since it at least works.

Back