Anyone with a Jalapeno need a Dragon?

musky

[H]ard|DCer of the Year 2012
If you don't understand the title, then you don't need one. I have an AVR Dragon with all required cables to update the firmware on your Jalapeno. I will rent it to you for the cost of shipping (USPS small flat rate box.) If I don't know you and you don't have sufficient feedback (ebay or heatware), I would also like a 0.6 BTC deposit, refundable once the Dragon is returned to me. I have successfully updated 3 Jalapenos, including one that would not run on the stock firmware which required a custom version. The results have been going from a hash rate of ~5.5 GH/s to ~8 GH/s on all three units.

As with any unsupported firmware, do this at your own risk. I am not responsible if you brick your Jalapeno doing this. BFL has also stated that doing this voids the warranty on the device, so keep that in mind also. I will help you with the process as much as I can, but it is ultimately your responsibility and your risk if you decide to do this. I am just saving you the ~$50 for the AVR Dragon if you want to attempt this.

The process I am talking about is HERE.

Please PM me if you are interested. Thanks

Seems I am unable to PM...

Hi Musky

Are you still able to loan your dragon? I know you made this post a little while ago but I signed up here just to ask. Although I don't use this forum name very often anymore I used it because it is the same name I use on ebay http://www.ebay.com/usr/fiashly and heat http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=54734 (although that stuff is old). I used to trade and sell vinyl toys which is where the heat feedback comes from but I haven't done that in a long time.

In your post you mentioned a .6 BTC deposit which I totally understand but considering the exchange rate on BTC at the moment I would like to be a little lower. Since you don't know me at all though I think a deposit is only to be expected.

I have a BFL LS which is supposed to hash at 25 Gh/s but only gets 21. From what I have been reading I should be able to improve that. But since I would probably never use the dragon again for anything it just makes more sense for me to borrow one if possible. I am kind of cash poor but I could pay you with a little bit of BTC or LTC to make it worth your time. Or maybe send you back some computer junk if you need anything like that and I have something. I have a lot of miscellaneous PC and laptop parts about.

Anyway, please let me know. I appreciate your time.

fiashly

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back