Anyone waiting for a B550 board besides me?

I can launch dragon center, but it shows no options at all. I can't set a single thing. It doesn't crash, just doesn't allow me to do anything like it's not able to aggregate/poll for hardware. Tried running as admin, no difference. Submitted a ticket to MSI over a month ago with no response, so don't expect much from support if you buy one (maybe if it was a hardware issue I would have gotten a response, but no clue). Chalk me up to not very impressed with their software or customer service, but the board itself is stable and works great.

I had my issues using Dragon Center on a b450 Tomahawk that had a Zen2 bios on it.
Basically bios is cut down to the pt you are have to use DC for granular control over fans.

You just highlighted why A520 may be a good buy for a basic Zen2 build vs buying older chipsets running a cut down bios with serious support gaps.

I had my issues using Dragon Center on a b450 Tomahawk that had a Zen2 bios on it.
Basically bios is cut down to the pt you are have to use DC for granular control over fans.

You just highlighted why A520 may be a good buy for a basic Zen2 build vs buying older chipsets running a cut down bios with serious support gaps.
I'm trying to run dragon center with a B550 though.... Not sure why A520 would be any different. I can't us DC for any control, literally no options to select. No control for anything.

I'm trying to run dragon center with a B550 though.... Not sure why A520 would be any different. I can't us DC for any control, literally no options to select. No control for anything.
Which board? When I got my GB x370 gaming K5, it had nothing but three offset voltage controls, bclk and multiplier, and the fan controls. Turns out, they cheaped out on the VRMs, and they just didn't have the ability to control them like on the gaming 5, 7, and k7. Well that's what they said on their forums, and they still don't have the options to this day.

Which board? When I got my GB x370 gaming K5, it had nothing but three offset voltage controls, bclk and multiplier, and the fan controls. Turns out, they cheaped out on the VRMs, and they just didn't have the ability to control them like on the gaming 5, 7, and k7. Well that's what they said on their forums, and they still don't have the options to this day.
I have zero tabs to even click on to even try to control anything. MSI mpg b550 gaming wifi. It has nothing to do with vrm, I can't control anything.. no voltages, no fans, no RGB... Absolutely nothing :p.

I advocate not using Dragon Center

I advocate not using Dragon Center
I am going to try to use openrgb to see if I can coordinate the lights in his box. I don't care for RGB and the scattered compatibility isn't making me change my mind one bit, but my son likes it so I'd at least like to get it working/synched.

Go to the website to get it and as I said .. only using to control RGB .. I dropped the Ryzen 3 3100 in to the MSI B550m Mortar and I used the Game Boost in the bios as I didn't know what it would do .. came back as 4200Mhz all core and quickly takes over the stock cooler like it ain't there lol ..

Last edited:
Reactions: Nobu
like this
I am going to try to use openrgb to see if I can coordinate the lights in his box. I don't care for RGB and the scattered compatibility isn't making me change my mind one bit, but my son likes it so I'd at least like to get it working/synched.

I’d try anything to avoid the payload size of DC, especially when issues are persistent.

It’s so big, and it tries to do so much compared to every other vendors implementation of what I suspect are often open source projects stylishly reskin Ed and barely tweaked.
I’m not just poking MSI.
Asus took how many versions before their AI Suite didn’t do strange things? It still incorrectly sees my 9700kf as a 9700k and constantly bugs me to update Intel graphics.
Asrocks suite was invasive with the worst Jenga tower install dependencies, 1 wrong install and it all would go wrong.

Is it worth getting the mortar or gaming wifi?

The Mortar is on sale for 3 more days here and the GE wifi is the same price as the B550-F, Steel Legend and Aorus Pro AC.

I can't decide...

I wish I had got the wifi .. but the Mortar has been real stable for me and I am on the 3Rd bios since release date .. if you don't want to hard clock it .. then in Ryzen Master just use auto over clock and a good cooler .. it gives you 4.1Ghz boost clocks on the Ryzen 3 3100

Back