Anyone waiting for a B550 board besides me?

p05ta1

Limp Gawd
i am waiting for asus b550 tuff pro .
i plan on upgrade from x370 pro (R7 1700).
To the b550 with a R7 3700x.

donate old set up to my kid with the FX8120

Yes. I'm currently eyeballing the B550 Mortar. Been waiting on upgrading my 7 year old system for too long now. I'll be coming from a 4670K on an MSI G45.

Yes. I'm currently eyeballing the B550 Mortar. Been waiting on upgrading my 7 year old system for too long now. I'll be coming from a 4670K on an MSI G45.

I have been eyeballing the Mortar boards since B350 and these never seem to get shipped to North America in Volume. Hope this time is different.

Looking at a B550 itx board. Not really sold on any one brand, going to wait for reviews.

Kicking myself for not grabbing a Gigabyte X570 itx refurb unit for $200-ish CAD a couple of months back, but c'est la vie.

Not really, since I do not need one. However, I would love to have one but, almost everything is either sold out or will not be released until 6-19.

I didn't preorder cause I wanted to wait for reviews. Looks like most b550 boards are sold out today lol. Guess I'll just order the b550 Aorus Master. I don't think I want to wait any longer for them to come back in stock. It'll just be Ryzen 3600 + Aorus Master for me. Upgrading from a 4790k

Looking at a B550 itx board. Not really sold on any one brand, going to wait for reviews.

Kicking myself for not grabbing a Gigabyte X570 itx refurb unit for $200-ish CAD a couple of months back, but c'est la vie.

was hoping to see if buildzoid does any breakdowns on the ITX boards.. rather have b550 over b450 to build a VR rig for the living room.

I have been eyeballing the Mortar boards since B350 and these never seem to get shipped to North America in Volume. Hope this time is different.

I had the same problem, I ended up just importing my B450M Mortar Max from Europe for my build. It was fairly easy to do. I am debating if i want to swap my mainboard for the B550 version...

Hopefully though they will release the B550M Mortar's in volume. We had like no mATX options for x570 and there is a huge volume of people that want something slightly smaller than ATX, something less expensive than than the ATX boards but don't want to give up as much as you have to when you go to ITX...

Been waiting for a while. If I order now though, it'll arrive just before I take a 2-week vacation. I'd rather not be sitting on unused new hardware that long.
Right now, price/features it looks like the AsRock Extreme for me. Just wish it was closer to $150, instead of $185.

It's more of an interest without any intention to purchase thing for me. Was curious how much of a price premium x570 would be since the chipset cost was touted consistently for the high x570 launch prices. Copy and pasting vrms would make me butt hurt if I'd gone $700 for the top Gigabyte x570 board at launch.

Screenshot_20200616-111045.png

I'm still not sure if Gigabyte fixed whatever persistent bios issues make people panic post everywhere. The value in just hardware is clear. Unfortunately bad firmware ruins any product.

Derthermalpaste had similar Strix - Strix messaging to cross over to b550.

Screenshot_20200616-111623.png

The only thing that is clear to me is that $60-100 isn't the useable motherboard segment anymore. They've lifted the pricing tiers to do in place x570 build/value swaps. Whatever the bottom b550 tier meh performer ends up to be should sell well.

You can usually get the mortar boards through amazon UK for a good price. They ship to the US and you can log in with your US amazon account, pay with your same credit card, all that. It’s really super simple to get them. I ordered a B450M mortar max that way, took maybe a week to deliver.

I was until I saw the prices.

I really need a motherboard with more onboard SATA ports and the only B550 motherboard with more than 6 SATA ports is $300.

Now i'm just hoping X570 boards get back into stock eventually.

It's more of an interest without any intention to purchase thing for me. Was curious how much of a price premium x570 would be since the chipset cost was touted consistently for the high x570 launch prices. Copy and pasting vrms would make me butt hurt if I'd gone $700 for the top Gigabyte x570 board at launch.

I'm still not sure if Gigabyte fixed whatever persistent bios issues make people panic post everywhere. The value in just hardware is clear. Unfortunately bad firmware ruins any product.

Derthermalpaste had similar Strix - Strix messaging to cross over to b550.

The only thing that is clear to me is that $60-100 isn't the useable motherboard segment anymore. They've lifted the pricing tiers to do in place x570 build/value swaps. Whatever the bottom b550 tier meh performer ends up to be should sell well.

the only board from gigabyte that's really had any issues was the x570 master and other than that month or so period that people bought boards in i haven't heard any other issues so my guess is it was just a bad batch of boards or cmos batteries or something.. haven't had any issues with their other boards. that being said it looks like most of the board partners pretty much threw the kitchen sink at the boards when it comes to feature options to justify their higher prices.. like putting 2.5g lan on everything, wifi 6 (.11AX), crazy high end 8 phase 90a VRM, HDMI 2.1, dual HDMI + display port.. it's like wtf were's the basic stuff at for 100 bucks, i don't need all that crap though at the same time i guess it makes sense with B450 still being an option for zen 3, they need create a reason for people to upgrade.

after the fiasco that was b350/x370 gigabyte still has to build up their reputation as far as AMD goes so the blind brand loyalty to help them justify asus's higher prices yet. to be fair i was even hesitant to get my x570 elite because it was gigabyte but there was no way in hell i was paying an extra 40 bucks for basically the same board from ASUS so i took the risk, glad i did.

I was until I saw the prices.

I really need a motherboard with more onboard SATA ports and the only B550 motherboard with more than 6 SATA ports is $300.

Now i'm just hoping X570 boards get back into stock eventually.

they have the same amount of sata ports as x570, only asrock lost the 2 extra sata ports that they were putting on x570. just get a dirt cheap sata pcie card and call it a day.

Last edited:
It seems that they are a bit pricey but they look that are far superior to the B450's. for something in betwen the B450 and X570, its a good option. I might get a B550 Extreme4.

I'm looking at B550 boards but was wondering if they will support the new XT CPU's out of the box, anyone know?

Me too, I’m really looking at the MSI B550 Mortar WiFi (Silver) and Mortar (Green) for new 3300x build. Never used micro ATX before i want to do one I think vs B550 Tomahawk since I don’t need the extra slots.

i am waiting for asus b550 tuff pro .
i plan on upgrade from x370 pro (R7 1700).
To the b550 with a R7 3700x.

donate old set up to my kid with the FX8120
I'm waiting to do an itx upgrade eventually, still not sure if it'll be b550, but that's what I'm leaning towards right now.

i got my order in at amazon for the Tuf B550 Gaming plus today 170$.
some silly july ship date via seller amazon.
I am sure next week i will get a shipping number and maybe even pacakge.
Amazon does that as place holder then will push out fast when they come in

the only thing i dont like the 570 is a small fan on the motherboard.
That is the reason i did get those.

Please do let us know, I was eyeing.this exact board and would love confirmation on a mostly silent experience like most other boards.
There have been threads here on the H saying the same thing. I will put up a post with that question today unless someone beats me to it

There have been threads here on the H saying the same thing. I will put up a post with that question today unless someone beats me to it
Yah, most boards are very quiet to silent, but I always like first hand impressions!

to answer the OP's Q ... no I'm not waiting for a B550, just got a B450 a few months ago and OMG it has no chipset fan :eek:

shipping update to arrive on july 7 or 8.
My dads bulid was with a b450 and he loves his new pc!
Claims it is a monster !
i am going with a Ryzen 7 3700X ( order later this week ).

My 3800 is still waiting for my B550 Extreme 4!
The wait is killing me...

Got my asus B550 tuff gaming up and running.
system is great!
i had to turn on legacy suppost to get standard sata drive to boot.
I know m.2 in future when 2 tb get cheap.
cinbech score 4612

which B550 board is considered the best price/performance one?...Asus or the Gigabyte Aorus Elite?

to answer the OP's Q ... no I'm not waiting for a B550, just got a B450 a few months ago and OMG it has no chipset fan :eek:
Neither does the B550...
That said, mine came in this past Monday, built the PC with my son that same night. Got an MSI MPG B550 GAMING EDGE WIFI with a 3700x.

i can my kid my old amd 7 1700 and x370 pro . he bought RAM.
he is super happy i redid it today .
his old set up was my old FX8120 ( cinebench 800).
it killed that one!

Back