I have been eyeballing the Mortar boards since B350 and these never seem to get shipped to North America in Volume. Hope this time is different.Yes. I'm currently eyeballing the B550 Mortar. Been waiting on upgrading my 7 year old system for too long now. I'll be coming from a 4670K on an MSI G45.
was hoping to see if buildzoid does any breakdowns on the ITX boards.. rather have b550 over b450 to build a VR rig for the living room.Looking at a B550 itx board. Not really sold on any one brand, going to wait for reviews.
Kicking myself for not grabbing a Gigabyte X570 itx refurb unit for $200-ish CAD a couple of months back, but c'est la vie.
I had the same problem, I ended up just importing my B450M Mortar Max from Europe for my build. It was fairly easy to do. I am debating if i want to swap my mainboard for the B550 version...I have been eyeballing the Mortar boards since B350 and these never seem to get shipped to North America in Volume. Hope this time is different.
the only board from gigabyte that's really had any issues was the x570 master and other than that month or so period that people bought boards in i haven't heard any other issues so my guess is it was just a bad batch of boards or cmos batteries or something.. haven't had any issues with their other boards. that being said it looks like most of the board partners pretty much threw the kitchen sink at the boards when it comes to feature options to justify their higher prices.. like putting 2.5g lan on everything, wifi 6 (.11AX), crazy high end 8 phase 90a VRM, HDMI 2.1, dual HDMI + display port.. it's like wtf were's the basic stuff at for 100 bucks, i don't need all that crap though at the same time i guess it makes sense with B450 still being an option for zen 3, they need create a reason for people to upgrade.It's more of an interest without any intention to purchase thing for me. Was curious how much of a price premium x570 would be since the chipset cost was touted consistently for the high x570 launch prices. Copy and pasting vrms would make me butt hurt if I'd gone $700 for the top Gigabyte x570 board at launch.
I'm still not sure if Gigabyte fixed whatever persistent bios issues make people panic post everywhere. The value in just hardware is clear. Unfortunately bad firmware ruins any product.
Derthermalpaste had similar Strix - Strix messaging to cross over to b550.
The only thing that is clear to me is that $60-100 isn't the useable motherboard segment anymore. They've lifted the pricing tiers to do in place x570 build/value swaps. Whatever the bottom b550 tier meh performer ends up to be should sell well.
they have the same amount of sata ports as x570, only asrock lost the 2 extra sata ports that they were putting on x570. just get a dirt cheap sata pcie card and call it a day.I was until I saw the prices.
I really need a motherboard with more onboard SATA ports and the only B550 motherboard with more than 6 SATA ports is $300.
Now i'm just hoping X570 boards get back into stock eventually.
I'm waiting to do an itx upgrade eventually, still not sure if it'll be b550, but that's what I'm leaning towards right now.i am waiting for asus b550 tuff pro .
i plan on upgrade from x370 pro (R7 1700).
To the b550 with a R7 3700x.
donate old set up to my kid with the FX8120
There have been threads here on the H saying the same thing. I will put up a post with that question today unless someone beats me to itPlease do let us know, I was eyeing.this exact board and would love confirmation on a mostly silent experience like most other boards.