Anyone using X2O 750 Pump/Resv + Koolance VL3n Fittings?

patriot71

Gawd
As the title says.

Does anyone have any experience using the X2O 750 Reservoir Pump with Koolance VL3N fittings? I am on the fence right now about using this pump/res combo or plunking down some cash for a 355 and the res that houses it. My concern is flow rates.

According to Skinnee's results, I would say that you would be okay. If your loop is short and doesn't have any 90° bends, a few QDCs shouldn't limit the flow that much with that pump.

Okay. Yeah I have that pump bayres. It works fine, and filling/bleeding is quite easy. The threads are G1/4, I have no idea what Koolance VLN3 fittings are threaded at but if they aren't G1/4 male you can just get yourself an adapter. The pump works about as well as my MCP-655b w/ EK X-TOP Rev.2, but from what I hear the head pressure isn't quite as good. I think I read the Skinnee article before and though XSPC claims 750LPH I don't think it was higher than about 620. Not really much else to say about it, though the buzzing is apparent if you put your head next to it.

About restriction: when I had this pump being used on a loop with a 360 rad and 2 GTX470 EK blocks in serial the temps were 53/51 at load. There were 2 45s and everything else was 1/2" DD Fatboys. Then I switched to the D5 block when I was able to get the fittings for the short run from the Multioption res to the D5 and the UN Mount for the pump. I also added 2 90 degree and an Apogee XT on a i7 930 @ 4.2Ghz and the temps went to 55/52 on the GPUs. So, I can't speak to restriction/flow rate much on the XSPC x20 750 but I can tell you it probably performs worse than the D5/X-TOP.

Sounds good. Thanks for your feedback fellas.

I plan only cooling my i7 with the following:
XSPC Rasa + VL3n Fittings
Swiftech 320QP + GT 1850s/ compression fittings
X2O 750 Reservoir Pump/compression fittings
1/2 ID tubing.

I may eventually convert the entire loop to VL3N fittings, but due to their price I am only starting w/ the CPU block.

This was tempting:
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1...diator_Water_Cooling_Kit_Hot_Item.html?tl=g30
and then adding my CPU fittings..

Unless I can find data proving the RS360 is comparable to the 320QP, I am going to go with my proposed build listed above. All the comparisons I find are the RX360 vs the 320QP.

Edit:
It appears the 320QP is able to dissipate about 13.5w of heat more than the RS360 assuming the 2000RPM fans used in Martin's testing. However the RS360 fan was in a pull setup and Martin notes below that while using a RS120 he was able to net a 19% gain in performance when switching the fan from a pull to a push configuration. I would assume a performance gain would be seen when using a push setup on the RS360. Unfortunately he does not specify his fan setup on the 320QP review. Decisions, decisions.
http://martinsliquidlab.i4memory.com/XSPC-RS360-Radiator-Review.html
http://martinsliquidlab.i4memory.com/SwiftechMCR320-Review.html

Last edited:
Back