anyone using true image in corporate environment?

MrValentine

[H]ard|Gawd
I am in a argument with my boss about Acronis TI licensing. Apparently he is being told that we would need a license for EVERY pc we imaged using TI regardless if TI is acctually installed on it, so that would put us at nearly $600k!!!

He was told this by a Acronis rep. I think either the rep is full of it, or their was a miscommunication. I just cant see this being correct, and thought we would just need to buy a license for every pc we acctually install TI on.

Ive searched the acronis site but cant find anything either way.

If you use Acronis Snap deploy in Enterprise server then yes, you do need a license key on the server for each PC you deploy.

Aside from that, Acronis Enterprise with Universal restore is one of the best investments you can make. Its truely amazing what you can do with them

Nope not using the snap deploy. Its WAY more simple than that. Just using the wizard to make a USB drive bootable with TI (and images stored on said drive). Then having the techs us the USB drive to image the machines.

Our network backbone is T1 based over a few hundred locations so pushing a image over the network is not a option.

Nope not using the snap deploy. Its WAY more simple than that. Just using the wizard to make a USB drive bootable with TI (and images stored on said drive). Then having the techs us the USB drive to image the machines.

Our network backbone is T1 based over a few hundred locations so pushing a image over the network is not a option.

Are you pushing images over a T1 WAN connection? Thats not a good idea

Imaging software is made for LAN environments

Are you pushing images over a T1 WAN connection? Thats not a good idea

Imaging software is made for LAN environments
I don't think he is, since in his last line he says "pushign an image over the network is not an option".

I have always used the old ghost. I have wanted to look into acronis. But for personal use, what more do I need this to do then just create an image and lay it down.

Back