Anyone using the igpu as primary and Rift on other video card?

davidm71

[H]ard|Gawd
Was wondering if anyone having issues running Rift from other video card aside from their primary video card? I’ve got my Rift on a gtx 1060 hdmi port and my primary display on the igpu. Problem is that I can’t see video movies on my Rift even though games play fine. I’ve found that I can fix this by unplugging the igpu cable or just extending the displays.

Thanks

I set the iGpu as primary.

The fact is it didn't matter I tried both ways and as long as the intel iGpu was active I got no video on the Rift.

Want to make it clear that I could still play a 3D video game on the Rift but watching a movie would not work
unless you either selected to extend the display or unplug the iGpu. Note the Rift could also work solely on
the igpu but was doggy dog slow. Getting a ghost emulator today and should make for some interesting
configuration testing.

Thanks

I set the iGpu as primary.

The fact is it didn't matter I tried both ways and as long as the intel iGpu was active I got no video on the Rift.

Want to make it clear that I could still play a 3D video game on the Rift but watching a movie would not work
unless you either selected to extend the display or unplug the iGpu. Note the Rift could also work solely on
the igpu but was doggy dog slow. Getting a ghost emulator today and should make for some interesting
configuration testing.

Thanks

Did you try doing right click on the app you're watching the movie in and hit 'run on high performance nvidia adapter' when you launch it?

No I didn’t try that as I didn’t know it was possible with the Virtual Desktop App I was using. Also does the same thing in PowerDVD VR mode. I’ll have to try it out. Thanks.

Back