Anyone using NVIDIA Surround and having issues?

Discussion in 'nVidia Flavor' started by Chas, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Chas

Chas [H]ardness Supreme

Note: I've already hit the NVIDIA forums and can see most of the issues I've got going back 5+ years with no resolution.

Currently running 3 4K monitors in reading mode (2160x3840 side-by-side). DP-to-MiniDP
    Windows 10
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW

Simply spanning the monitors natively was a giant hassle, because full-screen video snaps to-display rather than fullscreen.

Issues I've noted:

1. Taskbar no longer hides/retracts.
    2. The Start Menu only pops on the "primary" screen, regardless of where your taskbar is.
    3. Browsers and the like still snap to-display, rather than actually full-screen'ing You can get them full width, but you have to drag them out as an un-maximized window.
    4. Various games have interface issues (can't click on, etc) with NVIDIA Surround on that they don't when set up with native Windows Spanning at the same resolution.
    Anyone else out there running a multi-monitor setup on NVIDIA in a Surround setup?

Or anyone have any suggestions on how to work around some of these problems?

2. Nasty_Savage

Nasty_Savage [H]eathen Taste Righteous Fire!

I find nSurround flakey on the desktop at best. I'm running 3 Acer 3d monitors in nSurround with active adapters because the monitors do not have display port (and they still work so I'm holding onto them as long as I can ) with a hardware monitor display over the top. The task bar sometimes starts on the top instead of the bottom, Sometimes it spans al three monitors, sometimes only the center one. I don't really recall the issue in Windows 7, or the brief time I was on 8.It may be just a Windows 10 issue.