Anyone using Ipad with TMO?

harsaphes

Supreme [H]ardness
keep seeing the hack for reshaping your sim card to fit the ipad and was wondering if anyone has done it.

Beware that tmobile and AT&T use different 3G frequencies. You will be limited to EDGE usage on tmobile.

I just picked up a cricket 3G USB modem and will be soon ordering a Cradlepoint PHS300 to leave in my car. Since anytime that I want to use my wifi iPad will be on the road anyways, it is a good setup for me.

I would have bought the 3G iPad but, I didn't want to wait and I didn't think it would work on 3G in the countries I'll be spending most of my time in over the next few years. This is a decent compromise for me(eventually to be replaced with a Colombian iPhone, tether to that when needed)

I know it wont work with 3g, but edge would be fine for web surfing.

using your phone as a WAP is better than cutting up your sim and putting it into the ipad. if you go that route, you cant receive calls when you put your sim in the ipad.

using your phone as a WAP is better than cutting up your sim and putting it into the ipad. if you go that route, you cant receive calls when you put your sim in the ipad.

?..what. I would buy a new sim card for the Ipad.

Back