Anyone used the Noctua A14 3000rpm industrials?

Endgame

Gawd
I have been looking for a high CFM 140mm fan for an upcoming project, and the Noctua A14s seem to be what I’m looking for.

https://noctua.at/en/nf-a14-industrialppc-3000-pwm/specification

I’m not terribly concerned about noise - I’ve got a 120cfm 38mm delta on one pc that can hit around 45 dBA and it doesn’t bother me - I would rather have the extra airflow when i need it and deal with a little noise (for a long running job, I walk away from the pc anyway).

Anyone used these? Any concerns running between 1500rpm and 3000, like obnoxious clicking?

I tried one and didn't like it. Even at normal speeds (600-1100rpm) it was louder than other similar fans (like TY-147A SQ & PH-F140MP) moving similar amounts of air / givng similar component temps. I prefer sound of TY-143 sound profile and it's 450-500rpm to 2500rpm, so can move lots of air when needed.

I went ahead and bought one of the 12v NF A14s. I must say I’m quite pleased with it - it puts out some serious air at full speed (comparable to my high speed delta) , but it has a fantastic low start speed and no click when running at low speed. I have not played with other high RPM 140mm fans, but I would be tempted to use these in a case with limited fan mounts (SFF?). Plenty of air for when you might have headphones on, but quiet enough at low speed to be fine for idle(ish) use cases like surfing.

My old Fractal Design R1 had 3x TY-143 intakes in front and bottom supplying 2x 120x25mm fans on GPU and TY-143s on PH-TC14PE. Kept [email protected] at 70c full speed. Never ran fans that fast because it was 76c at 1200 rpm. Safe operating temp with reasonable noise level trumps cooler but extremely loud. But I rarely use headphones so fans above 1100-1300rpm are louder than I want to listen to. ;)

Bit of trivia, before I found Cooljag / Everflow and Thermalright started making square ones I was trimming rounded sides of TY-140/TY-143 to 140mm width and made adapter plates to mount them onto 140mm radiators or to 140mm case vents. If you would like pattern and details I could post themt tomorrow.

Yes, please! Any pics available (I get that you've moved on).

And, what Cooljag / Everflow / TT did you settle on? My 140 Riings have been great, but are getting ole and the bearings are not going to last another year...

Last edited:
Below is dimensional drawing:
120mm-140mm-mount-adp-2-mea-jpg.jpg

Below is squaring TY14x fans
LL.jpg

If you have an other questions just ask.

Problem is they are hard to find. I believe they are made by Cooljag / Everflow and are same basic fan as square model F121425BUAF.

Frozen PC sells the square ones for $10.99 :
https://www.frozencpu.com/products/15477/fan-966/Cooljag_Everflow_140mm_x_25mm_Fan_R121425SL.html

Yeah not a single one on Amazon, wow!

Looks like Nans is getting cut out?

https://www.amazon.com/sp?_encoding...otocol=current&seller=AECMV4Q5B05GL&sshmPath=

A bunch of TR fans from Aliexpress are showing up on Amazon now.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Yeah not a single one on Amazon, wow!

Looks like Nans is getting cut out?

https://www.amazon.com/sp?_encoding...otocol=current&seller=AECMV4Q5B05GL&sshmPath=

A bunch of TR fans from Aliexpress are showing up on Amazon now.
Interesting.

I just searched "Thermalright" on amazon.com and get lots of Thermalright products being sold by Nan's Gaming Gear who is North American distributer.
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=thermalright&ref=nb_sb_noss

Thermalright Direct is located Shenzhen, China while head offices are located in Taipei, Taiwan. At least it was a few years ago when I was working with them. I know many of their products are made in China, so maybe that's why their Direct store is located there.

Being in UK and UK getting out of EU 1st of the year mean now anything we buy form EU countries means we have to pay both customs handling fees (£8-20.00) and 20% VAT on purchase including shipping costs. Makes buying from foreign country cost prohibitive.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Nan's gaming gear's website has a placeholder redirect page right now. I would say not to visit it if you don't want anything funky on your PC.

I purchased the 2 140mm fans from thermalright direct and it does basically appear to be PWM version of the cooljag fan, I have some of those and they are both .2 amps and the thermalright seems to be updated version of it. Given cheap price I'd say just get the thermalright it has a braided cable and rubber dampers plus is PWM.

The C14X comes with some "goodies" they appear to be similar to the noiseblocker nb-eloop accessories for dampened case mounting and a Y cable.

I'll put them on my rad at some point to compare but the old style is more pleasing sounding from initial testing on pwm controller.

Last edited:
Pics are broken for me.

OK, now I can see the thumbnails, but not the actual (on Imgur).

Last edited:
Thanks D-EJ915

The Cooljag I got have straight motor mounting arms and 3 mounting hole pattern corners and newer Thermalright's are curved. Thermalright also has padded corners and like you said braided cable. Overall Thermalright are nicer looking and might perform a little better.

My original TY-147SQ and TY-143SQ have the straight mounting arms and 3 mounting hole pattern corners, same as Cooljag have.

Pics are broken for me.

OK, now I can see the thumbnails, but not the actual (on Imgur).
Seems weird let me upload them here.

1612986679136.png

1612986737006.png

Thanks D-EJ915

The Cooljag I got have straight motor mounting arms and 3 mounting hole pattern corners and newer Thermalright's are curved. Thermalright also has padded corners and like you said braided cable. Overall Thermalright are nicer looking and might perform a little better.

My original TY-147SQ and TY-143SQ have the straight mounting arms and 3 mounting hole pattern corners, same as Cooljag have.
Yeah more standard frame is pretty nice, same issue I have with some silverstone fans is they don't mount well to radiators because hole spacing is odd. Only thing is I wish they were more normal colours which they have on the 120mm ones.

Is the frame really brown in person? Cool looking fan, but the brown wouldn't work on my rig (triple 140 visible on a black and white build)

Is the frame really brown in person? Cool looking fan, but the brown wouldn't work on my rig (triple 140 visible on a black and white build)
It looks more like green, it's an odd grey shade. The colours from my phone aren't really the best representation of it I would say the photos on their site are more accurate.

here is a pwm 1700 120mm redux fan next to it

1613015514682.png

Last edited:
Interesting, so more grey / olive drab combo. That could be cool in some situations I guess... But I found a three pack of Riing 140's to replace my dying set (but these are RGB so I'll have to figure the wiring). Still, the more options the better!

I finally hooked them up to my old Nemesis GTX rad and at the same fan speed on my lamptron 3-pin controller (1440 RPM maximum of my C14) and got 1.45m/s for the C14X and 1.53m/s for the C14 and at full speed the C14X gets 1.91m/s. The C14X does have a higher pitch more annoying sound to me so I would go for the C14. It is quite noisy so I am unable to get loudness readings.

Back