Anyone used or reviewed Indigo Extreme?

KazeoHin

[H]F Junkie
I love to try new, risky things. But I've tried to do some research, I can't find much on this unusual thermal interface .

Anyone ever used Indigo Extreme? Is it really all that it's cracked up to be??

never used it myself, but I was looking for thermal paste recently and read a good deal about this stuff. Apparently if you apply it properly (which is a bit of a hassle) It works as well or better than any paste or compound.

I decided on personally going with this

http://www.prolimatech.com/en/products/detail.asp?id=163

as I did not want to have to go through the trouble of applying it properly for the sake 1-3degrees :)

It looks easy to use and from what I remember reading, it performs incredibly well. I'd give it a shot! Thermal paste is relatively cheap compared to components, so it's not out of the question to try two or three and see which works best for you :)

It is easy to mess up, and a total pain in the ass if you use a big air cooler. With a waterblock it is relatively easy as long as you can READ INSTRUCTIONS and follow them.

I can't tell you how many posts I've seen where people complain about overheating chips with this stuff because they didn't set it right, didn't take all the plastic off, didn't want to stress the CPU to make it flow, etc.

When you do it right it works great though, I last used it on a 3930k under water and dropped 5-6*C depending on the core.

Back