Anyone use HD-6XX with SBZ?

equinox654

Gawd
My HD-6xx came in a couple of months ago. I've been driving it with my soundblaster z.
It sounds fantastic, but I am left wondering if I am missing out. I hear the HD-6xx scales well with better amps.

I was wondering if anyone has had a similar setup and moved to head phone amp like one of the cheaper Schiit models?
If so was it worth the money? or is it kind of a wash with out dropping serious money?

I wouldn't mind grabbing something in the ~$200 range maybe a bit more if it was worth it.
I am mainly listening to classic rock, classical (piano,violin), and a bit of 80s metal.

Thanks

If you are serious about sound quality and listen to a good bit of music, the best bang for the buck in my experience is the "Shortest Way" SW51+ for the HD6XX. I like Schiit's stuff, I have a Gungnir, but I don't think their amps are as good as the SW51+ for that headphone. It's a bit outside your budget, I think it's around $375 w/shipping, but for those headphones you would need to spend a good bit more to beat it.

Back