Anyone use a RAM cooler?

I'm running 16GB 4000Mhz Trident RAM and it's really stable, no special cooler, no issues. Maybe at much higher speeds, but that stuff is super rare and spendy.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
When I put my 2700x system together overclockers were trying to get the absolute most out RAM and some were finding they achieved stability at higher speeds with some direct cooling. I dug out the cooler that came with some other memory but I couldn't bring myself to put two 40mm fans in my case so I never actually tried it.

I think the IMCs and AGESA code have improved enough at this point in terms of stability that I'm not sure it would make a difference anymore though.

I found increased stability with Samsung b die when running over 1.45v with a Intel stock fan wedge in over the RAM especialy when running 4 sticks I was able to run higher speeds when the RAM stayed under 40c.
darkling%20rvii.jpg

So because kirby just had to post the same ram cooler I had back in the day.
While I think it helped a little, as it was tested by me and a friend. Yes, we deemed it wasteful as hell. But I had it, and I liked it, and used it until it died, or I ended up upgrading. One or the other.
So for nostalgic reasons, hell yeah, and for real world nah. Plus, IIRC the damn thing was halfway wedged underneath my Tuniq Tower.
Sad to see yours go to waste. Even if it was a waste itself! LOL
If you really want to play with it, I have a G.Skill RAM cooler I bought, but never used. I'll let you have it for the price of shipping.

Back