Anyone try the new 22" dell LCD?

z3r0-

[H]ard|Gawd
Thinking about picking up the E207WFP but the 22" isn't that much more expensive and I was wondering if anyone knows anything about it? How are the 22" TN panels compared to 20" as far as quality and angles go? I'm going with a TN as they're supposedly the best for gaming and are in my price range but I can't decide if the 22" is worth it or not.

I have two questions about the Dell E228WFP 22-inch monitor:
1) Does it support 1:1 pixel mapping?
2) What's Dell's policy on dead pixels? If there's one or two dead pixels, will I be able to return the monitor?
Thanks.

I got the 1907FP Monitor lately, and when I put it next to my 2001FP, it looked like shit. TN's colors are horrible and their viewing angles also horrible. Response time is low, but it looks awful. If you have never seen an IPS or S-IPS, then you might be ok. If you have, you won't like it at all. The blacks are so not black and the whites are so bright. Ugly.

I got the 1907FP Monitor lately, and when I put it next to my 2001FP, it looked like shit. TN's colors are horrible and their viewing angles also horrible. Response time is low, but it looks awful. If you have never seen an IPS or S-IPS, then you might be ok. If you have, you won't like it at all. The blacks are so not black and the whites are so bright. Ugly.

Agreed. A 22" S-IPS is what is needed.

Well I have two 2005FPWs in the house which are supposedly S-IPS and I think they look like crap compared to a CRT and I'm not using it as a main display so how bad can TN be? Does anyone know if there will be affordable 1920*1200 displays any time soon?

Is TN really that bad for just gaming? Or is there still an annoying color problem, I don't care about viewing angles as long as I can move my head 8 inches each way

I guess I'll go with it, I'll be sure to take pics and let you know how it goes.

Taken from the top sticky....

"TN Gamers
Considered a "gamers" panel due to it's fast pixel response times which reduces trailing images know as "ghosting". However, this advantage has been reduced by new technologies to accelerate pixel response times in other panel types. Colors and contrast tend to be weak and blacks are not truly dark. Viewing angles are significantly limited. However, monitors based on this technology tend to be inexpensive."

I've got a 225bw, and I guess it's that fast, but poor quality, TN screen. But, I think it's great for gaming, etc. and it's a 22" (1680x1050 / 16:10) for only $250. I have a full size/high quality Samsung HDTV in the family room and I don't really see that big of a difference. There is some controversy whether this is 8-bit; never really figured it out.

M

P.S. There's a thread on this site about a nice 37" Westy, 1080p, etc.; seems like a nice unit but I don't use my pc from 5 feet away - more like 1 foot.

Just got mine in.. wow I am SO impressed! Kicks the shit out of my 19" CRT. looks amazing, no dead pixels, cant even tell backlit bleeding unless ur booting, but who cares @ this price..

IMG_0358.jpg

IMG_0354.jpg

IMG_0359.jpg

Way too much bleeding for my liking,looks the same as my bud Luke's E228.Lotta bleed and so so pic quality.But I totally understand why people dont care at the price its sold at!

:)

That Sammy and the above are 6 bit panels.

Slawek, how is it for gaming? Colors? HD content? I'm concidering this one or a 2007WFP. More pics please! :p

What would you like more pics of? I just tried CS, first time gaming with an LCD, so I gotta get used to it. It's massive tho, I put CS on 16:10 ratio and it's ridiculous.. I need a 2nd 7900GS OC bad

arent these the chi-mei 22'inch lcd panels rebranded, that dell bought from Chi Mei?

arent these the chi-mei 22'inch lcd panels rebranded, that dell bought from Chi Mei?

I believe all of the 22" panels right now are from Chi-mei. So pick on the models styling and possibly the return policy. For those reasons I'll be going with the Dell myself.

Agreed. A 22" S-IPS is what is needed.

Thing is, will the 22" wides always be the same 1680x1060 native resolution? As far as I could tell the pixel pitch is what covers the extra landscape. Its the only logical explanation unless I am missing something here. I'd think a 20 wide would tend to produce the overall sharper image in comparisons.

Back