anyone try setting up f@h on their phone for sh*ts and giggles?

twelveparsex

[H]F Junkie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6zNfBczub8&feature=grec_index

i've got a nokia n900 a few months ago and started playing around with it mainly because they wanted to charge me for the office application. now i've got open office working on it (though it is quite a pain in the ass to operate from a small screen)...poked around the internet to find a guide on how to install f@h but it didn't seem to work. tried installing wine like this guy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3v4YC9RT-g&feature=player_embedded#!
but surprisingly nothing works

yeah i know it's gonna suck down battery life like no other but just wanted to try it to see if i could and to see if any other useful windows or linux applications work

might be able to get it to work on the G2 or droidX which can be overclocked pretty nicely into the 1.4+ghz range. those might be able to be folded with but wouldnt expect it to run long before the processor overheats.

might be able to get it to work on the G2 or droidX which can be overclocked pretty nicely into the 1.4+ghz range. those might be able to be folded with but wouldnt expect it to run long before the processor overheats.

Well if you were hard you would water cool it! :p

Well if you were hard you would water cool it! :p

if you could get to the processor while keeping the phone working then by all means feel free to water cool it :D but i've yet to see the inside of either of those phones to figure out where the processor is sitting.

come to think of it i know a way to water cool a cell phone. drop it in a tank of mineral oil. problem solved :D

Found this a while back.... I know it's not F@H, and I don't think the project is even still alive (actually I know it's not) but it does show that it could be a possibility before too long.

Oh... and I recently got a G2 and if there ever was a phone capable of folding, this is it.

That being said, after reading up a bit around here, seems like things been a bit crazy around these parts lately..... hope all is well friends.

Fold On!

EDIT... link is dead. Shit. Give me a minute and I'll see what I can do......

Here.... the link in this thread works.....

If it's still possible to use the old uniprocessor client that didn't require SSE, it might be possible. Otherwise, I don't think it will work.

If it's still possible to use the old uniprocessor client that didn't require SSE, it might be possible. Otherwise, I don't think it will work.
It is for now but with the new A4 core, PG is trying to phase out the older cores making SSE a requirement going forward.

Back