anyone troubleshooted Artist Scope's CopySafe version 4.2.0.3 ?

exchange keys

Limp Gawd
I'm trying to do some regression testing on this plugin, and apparently once it is broken, it stays broken. Even trying to do a reinstall of the plugin doesn't help. It's a sneaky lil' piece of software though--it installs a system level Windows service under the name Copy Safe Helper Service (C:\WINDOWS\System32\CSHelper.exe), and creates a folder called "plugins" in C:\Program Files, under the folder name of the web browser (i.e. Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, etc.). It adds a bunch of registry keys which a lot of them do not get deleted (nor the Windows service) after uninstalling the CopySafe plugin.

The thing is that, whenever end-users have issues with installing the plugin, and they try to re-install the same plugin, they can't. However, this happens rarely. Out of 50 end-users, 1 or 2 get this problem.

Kind of shady. Either way, I'm trying to break down this plugin so I can better understand it (it's part of my job to support it, and the vendor is not being helpful with shelling out information).

I'm using the current applications to work on this testing:

Registry Workshop
Process Monitor
ResHack

That's about it for now.

Thanks for any assistance.

Back