Anyone tried generic liquid metal paste from ebay yet?

DTN107

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm kinda surprised to find this.

2.0 grams of liquid metal for $10 compare to 1.5 g of Coollaboratory for ~$13 and 1.0 g of Thermal Grizzyly for ~$16.

Curious if anyone has tried this generic no-brand liquid metal yet?

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
"Made in the USA right here in Texas", sure it is.

If you use the FUNFIVE coupon you could get it for 5$ and let us know how it works :)

Seems like the same seller also sells a 50g version for $30.

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
it's mostly gallium. No secret there. It's probably the same thing as the competitors, made in the same factory, sans the fancy packaging and advertising.

You'd need indium and/or tin to alloy it with in order for it to work as a thermal conductor though.

That 50g of gallium metal says melting point 84F, liquid metal thermal compound is liquid well below that - you spread it around with a little paint brush at room temp. EK used to sell an indium based (I think it was) thermal compound, it was a solid sliver of the stuff you clamped between the CPU and block and ran a stress test to melt it in place. I never tried it, last block I bought didn't have any in there so I doubt many people did.

It only takes a tiny drop of CLU to do a CPU, I did two processors (and bottom of heat spreader) with my last tube of CLU and had a partial re-do in there as well. Not much of an expense in the grand scheme of things. It would take a lot less now that I know what I'm doing and can judge how much to apply initially - the drop needed is smaller than I imagined.

Back