Anyone still waiting for the pre-order gtx480?

I am.. ordered from Provantage on March 29th. Its a PNY gtx480. She said it looks like the PNY's will come to thier distributor next week for delivery to me 5/15.

SUCKS!! anyone else still waiting?

I am.. ordered from Provantage on March 29th. Its a PNY gtx480. She said it looks like the PNY's will come to thier distributor next week for delivery to me 5/15.

SUCKS!! anyone else still waiting?

I dunno man, but many times iv seen the 480 GTX in stock at tigerdirect and newegg.

I would cancel your pre-order and just watch those 2 websites like a hawk, im sure you will get one.

I know i should just cancel, but provantage took such good care of me in the past with an ASUS 5970. they did say it would be here around the 15th. I may just order from newegg now and get two when the pny comes in... hmm..

I'm in the same position but will just hold out as I have a lot on my plate atm. If you don't though I remember the anxiety to just receive the damn thing.

I know i should just cancel, but provantage took such good care of me in the past with an ASUS 5970. they did say it would be here around the 15th. I may just order from newegg now and get two when the pny comes in... hmm..

Ya provantage is a good place, it's where I bought my i7 920 D0 core...great place.

But right now you can cancel your pre-order for that PNY (Crappy brand imo) for an EVGA with a lifetime warrenty (and with Fermi's being so damn hot i would want a GOOD warrenty)

Considering the EVGA is in stock....I would not even hesitate if you ask me.

EVGA > PNY any day/week/month/year

Ya provantage is a good place, it's where I bought my i7 920 D0 core...great place.

But right now you can cancel your pre-order for that PNY (Crappy brand imo) for an EVGA with a lifetime warrenty.

Considering the EVGA is in stock....I would not even hesitate if you ask me.

EVGA > PNY any day/week/month/year

DASHIT, the only issue with cancel is provantage order direct from a big vendor. As a result, it takes a few days to cancel the order and you might not catch it. I'm moments away from doing it! they are not open saturday :mad: forget it, i'll just wait it out.. :confused:

EVGA sounds so much better too. who is PNY anyway?

DASHIT, the only issue with cancel is provantage order direct from a big vendor. As a result, it takes a few days to cancel the order and you might not catch it. I'm moments away from doing it! they are not open saturday :mad: forget it, i'll just wait it out.. :confused:

EVGA sounds so much better too. who is PNY anyway?

Not sure, but I have bought memory and Video from PNY for peoples pc's and my g/f pc.

Ram went bad, and the video card died just after 1 year. I would stay away from them.

As for pre-ordered, when you pre-order you have to pay the full amount upfront? or just put $10 down or something until they get the product?

Either way sucks you would have to wait a few days to get your money back, but even then. You can probably get a video card faster by STILL canceling your pre-order and watching newegg and tigerdirect.

Back