Anyone still running an X99 Broadwell-E system?

wareyore

Limp Gawd
I am debating if I should sale or use my 6850K, and Rampoage V Edition 10 for a server.
I moved mine to Plex/file server/DC duty a while ago. Upgraded the cpu to a multicore xeon and it sits quietly doing lots of nothing or lots of something depending on what I'm doing. I bought it years ago as I knew i'd eventually put a xeon in it and let it serve. Too bad intel gimped their stuff.

jlaw

n00b

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    124 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

JSumrall

Limp Gawd
I still have my X99 build up and running; 5820k (39% Overclock), 32GB Memory, Asus Rampage V Edition 10 mobo. +

I've played around with putting my 2070 Super in it and running games at 4k I never really noticed a difference between it and my 3600 AMD system. Obviously 4k puts most of the load on the GPU, not the CPU or platform.

It's still a fine system, however, you can put together an AMD 3600 based system for a relatively similar price.

JSumrall

Limp Gawd
One of the reasons why I really don't overclock much, and the times I have it was never an extreme overclock (like taking my old Core 2 Quad Q9550 from 2.83 to 3.4 was the most extreme I've ever done in terms of raw MHz) or was it kept for long. With my luck, I would never hit the silicon lottery anyways.

And fun times indeed. The worst part of a fresh OS install is waiting for Windows Update to get around to doing it's thing in full.
I remember using an old ISO for Windows 10 installs and man, it'd take a day to get all the updates done.

Thankfully, you can download fresh ISOs from Microsoft using their download tool that eliminates a lot of the Windows Update waiting.