Anyone still play their Saturn?

Just got my old Megadrive MkI set up after a decade or so - works beautifully.
Close enough?

I still do. Working through Resident Evil now, since I've played it on everything else. One of my guilty pleasures for the Saturn is Die Hard Arcade. Next on the list will be Tomb Raider, since I've never played through it before.

I do. I adore NiGHTS and the Virtua Cop games kick ass. I'm playing through Shining the Holy Ark at the moment. Fun game but looks like crap :D

Whenever my one friend gets back from college I go to his place with some of my old high school buddies and we play some Virtua Fighter and a bunch of other 2 player games. :D

I occasionally break mine out to play Dragon Force (this game was and still is amazing), Shining Force 3 (Ditto), Baku Baku, Street Fighter Collection and Albert Odyssey.

Later this weekend though, I might hook up my Sega CD for some Rise of the Dragon, Lunar, and Lunar 2.

I've been meaning to buy one - I've never played NiGHTS or the first two capcom vs. games.

How is the Street Fighter Collection on Saturn? The PS1 version had such horrible load times it wasn't worth playing at all.

I'm surprised this many people own Saturn's still. Mine is collecting dust somewhere in my parents house I bet.

I still bust mine out to play mostly shmups. Thunderforce V, Galactic Attack, the Parodius Series, Battle Garrega, Soukyugurentai etc, plus all the obscure fighters I can shake a stick at. Truly a 2D-lover's paradise. I still have a new boxed Saturn just for eternal backup purposes (Segata Sanshiro told me to do so).

@Slartibartfast - I don't have any personal experience with the collection, but if it comes with/can utilize the 4MB RAM pack it probably has very little to barely any load time and most if not all of the frames (the playstation versions generally had frames cut from the animations to save on memory).

I still play mine on occasion. The Saturn was an excellent system with tons of excellent games (especially RPGs!), but it was simply beaten by something called FF7. :(

Yes indeed, and count me in for another vote for Dragon Force. The Saturn introduced me to strategy games in two ways: Dragon Force, in its brilliant (and not yet duplicated, sadly) worldmap/turn-based concept, and the first Command and Conquer, which of course needs no introduction. Sega's Genesis, Saturn, and Dreamcast all stand as my most cherished consoles. :D

I haven't played mine in a while, but I occasionally do. There's still a game or two that I haven't finished yet, so eventually I'll be playing it again.

Whenever go back to visit my parents in Oregon, I play dragon force on the saturn. That is a great game.

My roommate had one in college. I just picked up a Dreamcast off Ebay with some good games, and my next Ebay foray will be for a good used Saturn with Panzer Dragoon 1 & 2. The system was just as good as the PS2 - too bad it died before its time...

Right now I'm playing all the way through all three shining force 3 games then going to repass panser dragon saga.

And I play Saturn Bomber 8 player battle mode almost every weekend. I play my saturn more than any other system except my ps2.

Sometimes, I think back to my childhood, and wish I could play some six player Guardian Heroes again.

*sigh*

I just busted mine out from the closest and it still plays. I need to get a replacement battery but that's what, a couple bucks at the most.

I'm searching eBay to try and find all the old games I've missed out on such as Panzer Dragoon series, Dragon Force, Shining Force III and others. So far I've only won Panzer Dragoon.

I'm acutally about to sit down with some cleaning supplies to take care of the years of dust on my baby.

I think I may acutally buy another complete system to put up as well. I have a feeling I'm going to end up spending more time and money to play the Saturn than my Xbox 360! :)

Back