Anyone still play Guild Wars 2?

kevineugenius

[H]ard|Gawd
After piling up a little over 1000 hours and six max-level characters in about eight months, I gave GW2 a break. Blew through Skyrim (a second time) last month, tried a couple other MMO betas and decided they weren't worth buying because they weren't any better than the several free MMOs that I also tried out over the past five months. And so, I updated GW2, read a few things about the latest patches on Dulfy, and launched myself back into some WvWvW. After about an hour, I was re-hooked.

So, I am wondering if any [H] gamers still play? I've got a pile of gems and may do a realm hop to get in with a decent guild. I will primarily do WvW but I'd also like to try some fractals since I never really have done any before.

I'm an officer on Imperial Coalition on Blackgate, and also one of their main commanders.

If you want to transfer to BG and join you can apply at imperialcoalition.enjin.com

I only play WvWvW...

Im on blackgate too, i forget what guild lol, but im still hooked as shit. Im trying for my twilight =[

I actually just bought the game for the first time the other day.

Can't decide between mesmer or necromancer. Love the idea of a clothie meleeing. :D

Is WvWvW pvp of some sort? I'm completely new.

I played it during the beta weekends but after the game came it, I've only logged in a couple of hours.

WvWvW is pvp between 3 worlds. world vs world vs world.

pretty epic

I'm on Stormbluff Isle and the entire population of WvWers is pugs. Sometimes a guild will form and lead for a while which is nice but then it falls apart. Maybe six months ago when a bunch of other servers decide to spread out we got three WvW guilds and almost had decent coverage. As it is, though, we rarely have enough people on for it to even be fun.

What are the que times like on BG and JQ?

After piling up a little over 1000 hours and six max-level characters in about eight months, I gave GW2 a break. Blew through Skyrim (a second time) last month, tried a couple other MMO betas and decided they weren't worth buying because they weren't any better than the several free MMOs that I also tried out over the past five months. And so, I updated GW2, read a few things about the latest patches on Dulfy, and launched myself back into some WvWvW. After about an hour, I was re-hooked.

So, I am wondering if any [H] gamers still play? I've got a pile of gems and may do a realm hop to get in with a decent guild. I will primarily do WvW but I'd also like to try some fractals since I never really have done any before.

I envy the time you have. Would like to try gw2 sometime

i played gw2 for a few months at launch, quit and havent looked back. Something about it never pulled me in and kept me playing.

I still play on occasion in spurts. It never seems to capture my attention for more than a few weeks.

I try to play a little bit here and there but I just don't have the time to spend in an RPG anymore. Will be a while before I do again lol.

I've been playing since the game came out. I took a 6 to 8 month break from the game at one point when I was too busy to play any games.

Personally I think the game has come a very long way from when it was initially released. I keep it interesting by playing a mixture of each game type - PvE, WvW, and PvP. This way I don't really get burned out on the game. But as far as servers go, I'm on Tarnished Coast, and I feel it's the best server in the game. We are tier 1 for WvW so we play against Blackgate and Jade Quarry, and it's the "Unofficial Official Role Playing" server.. I don't really role play, but I've always found in most games (such as Everquest, etc) the Role Playing servers usually have the friendliest communities, overall. Even with the "megaserver" system they implemented, I find that it still does a fairly decent job of keeping me in the same "instance" of each map with fellow Tarnished Coast players.

If the OP or anyone else is interested in talking to me in-game, or have any questions or need help or would like to join a great, well organized WvW guild, please feel free to contact me in-game!

My handle is - Deadstill.1560
My Server is - Tarnished Coast
My guild is - [DIS] Dissentient - website is - www.dissentient.info

I play quite often, have one of each class to level 80, but only my necromancer is geared out. I enjoy playing all aspects of the game, but WvW is probably my favorite, followed by PvE dungeons, etc.

Also, the guild I'm in owns a massive 10,000 slot Mumble server that is dedicated for ALL players on Tarnished Coast.

Hope to see some of you in-game!

Just started playing last week, I quite enjoy it so far. Maybe we can get a decent group of us to play together, seems like the gw2 thread ended up mostly just trashing the game.

i bought it in may with the 50% thing going on. played 20 hours , had a blast and forgot about it :/

Picked it up on sale a couple months back and really enjoyed it, think I got to level 30. Would love to play it more, but I just don't have much time for a mmog in my life any more.

I play it occasionally. But I used to play more regularly back in the day.

It's fun. I think I'm around level 30. I don't remember. I wanted to get more into the crafting portion of the game but I plan to just buy the gear I need.

Is the game still 50% off? I'd like to get a copy for my brother.

Just finished twilight and im on Black gate.
Jakubp.1906 is my handle

I tried in the beginning. I really wanted to like it. But then I realized that I am a healer guy to the bone. Since the game was purposefully built to not have healers I just didn't enjoy it. DPS has never been fun to me.

I log in every night to get my chests, and I've already purchased the expansion (deluxe), but WoW has been consuming my free time.

I played Guild Wars 2 on release. The PVP did not deliver. There are better games for PVE. Does the Expansion change this?

im loving the expansion currently, Im almost done with the story. my revenant is like 75% done with his elite class and my guardians dragon hunter is hella fun. The new spvp mode is fun and WvW is still awesome if you play with friends (ingame or not)

Back