Anyone still having problems using DVI on a 4870x2 to a large monitor?

poconopc

Gawd
I have a new 24" Benq and a HIS 4870x2 and still get a black screen when using DVI to DVI. Its Vista Ultimate 64bit.
All drivers have been cleaned (In order to play Farcry 2). So its 8.10 with hotfix.
I can use the SVGA with no problem, works great on the Benq.
I can use my MacPro with the DVI so its not the monitor.

Someone on the ati forums said it was due to frequency issues and ati was aware.

I will probably try HDMI to see how it works but I really need DVI to work.

Any suggestions?

No problems here, is there any specific brands it doesn't work with, dell monitor here.

It must be how my video card detects the monitor.

My Macpro is running the x1950 so its ATI as well , very strange

What settings do you use for detecting displays? Manual or automatic?

It is on the correct selection in your monitors options ain't it. I would assume so since it works with your mac.

However, just thinking. For some reason my monitor did go into standy mode last night for some reason when loading a game, not sure why as the game did start and all just couldn't get the image up but i had just switched from protrait to landscape and might have just nudged the cable.

As noted by heatsinker ... is you cable a Dual Link DVI cable? I was using just a regular DVI cable and everything worked fine at low resolutions, but got crazy artifacting/freezing at higher resolutions - then I realized I had the wrong cable hooked up.

Dvi to Dvi on Benq, and it only flickers the black screen when GPUs need to get in sync.

Back