Anyone seriously considering the 4070 TI

They don't but again it's nonsense when you cherry pick and look at the extreme poor value high end last gen cards to justify the price of a 70 class card.
They're the closest comparable cards. It's not cherry picking.

They're the closest comparable cards. It's not cherry picking.
Again, please use some common sense and basic logic and you will understand that somebody buying a 70 class card is probably upgrading from a previous 70 class card and they're looking for value in that segment. 70 class cards are always going to be as fast or faster than the bloated priced top-end cards from last gen so it's a stupid argument. You are in the laughably small minority defending this card.

Again, please use some common sense and basic logic and you will understand that somebody buying a 70 class card is probably upgrading from a previous 70 class card and they're looking for value in that segment. 70 class cards are always going to be as fast or faster than the bloated priced top-end cards from last gen so it's a stupid argument. You are in the laughably small minority defending this card.
I don't care about being "in the minority" of a few specific people who keep bashing ;). You can keep on calling my arguments stupid, but they're true whether you like it or not.

Gaming history will look back fondly on it once frame gen takes off.

Last edited:
I don't care about being "in the minority" of a few specific people who keep bashing ;). You can keep on calling my arguments stupid, but they're true whether you like it or not.

Gaming history will look back fondly on it once frame gen takes off.
And 99% of people can see right through the BS and the stupidity of comparing a card to a another card that was considered a absolute rip-off last gen. Only a moron would play the obtuse act ignoring the fact that the 3080 TI that cost 70% more than the 3080 while only delivering about 10 to 12% more performance was a damn joke. Yet, here you are providing the same nonsense that a marketing department would provide to justify your BS.

And 99% of people can see right through the BS and the stupidity of comparing a card to a another card that was considered a absolute rip-off last gen. Only a moron would play the obtuse act ignoring the fact that the 3080 TI that cost 70% more than the 3080 while only delivering about 10 to 12% more performance was a damn joke. Yet, here you are providing the same nonsense that a marketing department would provide to justify your BS.
Uh huh... Everyone wanted $700 3080 cards yet they weren't really available due to crypto mining. Nice try though. I got my evga ftw3 ultra hybrid aio 3080 for $779 which was lucky. Virtually no one was thar lucky on their cards. By the time the 3080ti came out it was a good card for the money.

You people complained about msrp being meaningless to compare the $700 3080 to the slower $1200 msrp 2080ti. Now you worship that unattainable msrp. Which is it? Was the 3080 a good deal due to its msrp or not?

"I see stuttering games. I see them all the time, and people don't even know they're stuttering..." :ROFLMAO:.

Uh huh... Everyone wanted $700 3080 cards yet they weren't really available due to crypto mining. Nice try though. I got my evga ftw3 ultra hybrid aio 3080 for $779 which was lucky. Virtually no one was thar lucky on their cards. By the time the 3080ti came out it was a good card for the money.

"I see stuttering games. I see them all the time, and people don't even know they're stuttering..." :ROFLMAO:.
Well yes of course I agree with you if you're going to talk about what the actual street prices were at that crazy time, but I'm talking about the MSRPs of these cards. So bottom line I'm talking about what Nvidia is charging and trying to justify and that should not be defended.

Well yes of course I agree with you if you're going to talk about what the actual street prices were at that crazy time, but I'm talking about the MSRPs of these cards. So bottom line I'm talking about what Nvidia is charging and trying to justify and that should not be defended.
Well, the 3080ti at $1200 was what they were getting. The $800 4070ti is a good deal on comparison msrp to msrp then. It has a lot of benefits plus performs better.

Well, the 3080ti at $1200 was what they were getting. The $800 4070ti is a good deal on comparison msrp to msrp then. It has a lot of benefits plus performs better.
Lol and then there you go again with the same damn nonsense. How many times does it have to be repeated to you before you can comprehend that the MSRP of the 3080 TI was considered an absolute rip-off for the little bit of performance increase you got over the $700 3080? Stop with the asinine cherry picking by looking at a piss poor value card in the first place. Knock yourself out with the last comment because there's no point in wasting time with someone that's going to keep repeating s*** that would be said in the marketing department while jerking each other off.

No, that is the rumor for the 4060ti last I saw. "under $500", so $499 with custom cards going up from there. Based on cuda cores, the 4070 should be $600 or so. Anything is possible these days though.
$600 to $750 possibility for third tier silicon and cut down third tier silicon at that. What a time to be alive.

If anyone was wondering what I mean by third tier, just look at silicon each gen going down from the top. Lovelace so far has AD102, AD103, and AD104. Other examples of third tier silicon in past gens would be:

RTX 3060 (GA106, which is third after GA102 and GA104)
RTX 2070 (TU106, which is third after TU102 and TU104)
GTX 1060 (GP106, which is after GP102 and GP104)
GTX 960 (GM206, which is after GM200 and GM204)

Notice the trend here. Really, Turing was the other oddity and push to charge more for less.

$600 to $750 possibility for third tier silicon and cut down third tier silicon at that. What a time to be alive.

If anyone was wondering what I mean by third tier, just look at silicon each gen going down from the top. Lovelace so far has AD102, AD103, and AD104. Other examples of third tier silicon in past gens would be:

RTX 3060 (GA106, which is third after GA102 and GA104)
RTX 2070 (TU106, which is third after TU102 and TU104)
GTX 1060 (GP106, which is after GP102 and GP104)
GTX 960 (GM206, which is after GM200 and GM204)

Notice the trend here. Really, Turing was the other oddity and push to charge more for less.
Yup. Turing was a really bad value. Then everybody compared Ampere to Turing which made it look like a value....but when compared to pascal it looked significantly less good. Now we have the 4000 chips being compared to incredibly bad value 3000 chips, which were in turn compared to bad value 2000 chips....

The reviewers are catching on this time around, however.

None of that changes the great products these are. Moan about the price, but they're better than the competition!

I sometimes wish there was an anti-mining filter, so we could see "what should have been" values from the past instead of the mess we have looking back at it today. Perhaps Nvidia is the smart one here??

None of that changes the great products these are. Moan about the price, but they're better than the competition!

A great product is certainly defined by its price. If this cost $100,000 it would certainly be a good product but worthless for typical people. At $50, this would be an absolute steal.

A great product is certainly defined by its price. If this cost $100,000 it would certainly be a good product but worthless for typical people. At $50, this would be an absolute steal.
A great product is defined by its features and performance. Affordability just determines who can buy it. A Ferrari is a great product even though it costs the same as a house. So is a Christie Eclipse projector.

A great product is defined by its features and performance. Affordability just determines who can buy it. A Ferrari is a great product even though it costs the same as a house. So is a Christie Eclipse projector.

And cost. It may be a great item/device, but a bad product due to pricing. If no one buys it and it undersells then it is objectively a poor performing product.

A kid can engineer a bridge that cost infinite and block the river, keeping the cost down is part of the challenge of making great engineering, design and actually making it.

A bit like noise is what make signal science worth it, input constraint will tend to be the challenge of making a product for the mass good or bad.

at $1600 a 4090 is a great product (so much that people make line around the block at launch), at $7000 needing 1000 watt to run it would have been a bad product that rapidly stay on the shelf if you make too many of them.

And cost. It may be a great item/device, but a bad product due to pricing. If no one buys it and it undersells then it is objectively a poor performing product.
No, it might perform poorly on the market, but it's still a great product.

4K series is a rip off.
I still hate the fact I paid $400 for a 3060 just to get HDMI 2.1 and not lose performance over my 1080 XLR8. AMD just never works for me, buggy ass drivers everytime.
Now the 4070 is launching at $750. What a joke.
We need a good $400 card. I really hate paying even that, I was always in the $250-$300 club, best bang for buck. Thanks for nothing cryto crowd.

Oh I don't disagree. These are fantastic cards with a good feature/technology set. However, prices are horrible. Prices make a product, so hard for me to get excited about anything this gen. I'm not willing to spend $1600 for a good uplift over my second-hand 3080 Ti.

Anyway, I don't think anyone is calling these products bad at all. People are calling them bad at their given price points becuase it is a rip off, and doesn't provide any gen on gen performance per dollar increase or price-point replacement of previous gen products, except for the 4090. Sure I suppose the argument could be made for the $1200 4080 against the previous gen $1200 3080 Ti, but then we go back to the fact it's entirely a lower tier product in the same price, even if there is uplift there performance wise. It certainly doesn't feel good to me as a consumer. It still feels like getting less for more.

Yep. Price of the card is one thing, but you may need "more" as power and real estate can really run the price up.

Well I had the choice to buy a 4070ti at 860$ or get a evga ftw3 ultra gaming 3090 for 695$.

I bought the evga and saved 165$.

I sold a 3090 on here I bought for 750$ and picked up the same evga 3090 yesterday for 55$ cheaper. I am good till 6 series probably. Or maybe 5 series.

4K series is a rip off.
I still hate the fact I paid $400 for a 3060 just to get HDMI 2.1 and not lose performance over my 1080 XLR8. AMD just never works for me, buggy ass drivers everytime.
We need a good $400 card. I really hate paying even that, I was always in the $250-$300 club, best bang for buck. Thanks for nothing cryto crowd.

The days of 400$ video cards are gone. Thank you nV for that.

Ah well. Was fun while it lasted. I want to go back to 1993 and live life in a loop. When it gets to 8/2001 reset it back to 1993. Ah the good days. I loved pc gaming in the 90s. I think I'm gonna fire up unreal tournament right now just to have a blast!

The days of 400$ video cards are gone. Thank you nV for that.
And then people fellatiate Nvidia for this. Like, they feel proud of Nvidias ability to just nail the consumer base to the wall.

Must be shareholders because as a middle class worker, its revolting.

And then people fellatiate Nvidia for this. Like, they feel proud of Nvidias ability to just nail the consumer base to the wall.

The thing is, everyone and their mother is now a millionaire. I am 47 and had to bust ass in life since I was 5 years old. Now I see 25 year old couples buying million dollar homes and I am sitting here working my tail off.

Just unreal now how everyone has tons of capital now and is able to buy whatever they want. Def a different generation then those born pre 1979.

The thing is, everyone and their mother is now a millionaire. I am 47 and had to bust ass in life since I was 5 years old. Now I see 25 year old couples buying million dollar homes and I am sitting here working my tail off.

Just unreal now how everyone has tons of capital now and is able to buy whatever they want. Def a different generation then those born pre 1979.
Well, credit is more abused than ever. I also have a friend who believes in blowing every cent after paying the bills.

The actual wealthy are still an extreme minority. A lot just fake it.

No one feels proud about the current GPU pricing landscape. Some of us do get a chuckle out of the fact we have been saying that every corporation is not your friend (including but not limited to the one so many here champion at every opportunity) and watching all those fanbois secretly bring this meme to life.

photos%2Fimages%2Fnewsfeed%2F001%2F096%2F564%2F2f7.jpg

4K series is a rip off.
I have gone between AMD and Nvidia like changing my underwear. This notion that AMD drivers are any more or less buggier than nvidia is pretty outdated. Are there bugs in some games? Sure its the same for Nvidia too. Problems is AMD allows way too much tweaking with in Adrenaline and half the people that complain want to undervolt to the moon and they get random crashes lmao. I have never had any major issues with either in a long while. Nvidia recently had a bug where your CPU was getting bogged down after you exit a game lmao, like 20% I could tell and searched it and it was all over the place in a few days. It happens, they plugged it quick.

Problem with AMD is they allow way too much control. Now users wanted them to add CPU OC control in Adrenaline and they wasted time doing that. Some times they need to learn how to ignore some of the user requested features lmao. More people mess shit up when you give them too many option. Apparently it was most requested feature and then lot of people would end up resetting their OC or some shit through adrenaline. Sometimes too many features are bad, that is one thing nvidia does best, they have the same old control panel so people just leave it alone and go bother with after burner to OC lmao.

God, why? That is so dumb. I didn't realize ryzen master was so difficult to use lol.

Dude I don't get it. IDK why amd just listens to people voting and adds it. They need to be like, okay we need to stop this, its a GPU software lets not add CPU auto OC crap in there or reset lmao. Waste of resources and you are asking for more problems. Like don't have to do everything that people want, sometimes people don't know what they want is not good lmao.

Like some people end up resetting the CPU or applying setting and messing with stability, LMAO. Sometimes you have to leave shit alone.

I have gone between AMD and Nvidia like changing my underwear. This notion that AMD drivers are any more or less buggier than nvidia is pretty outdated. Are there bugs in some games? Sure its the same for Nvidia too. Problems is AMD allows way too much tweaking with in Adrenaline and half the people that complain want to undervolt to the moon and they get random crashes lmao. I have never had any major issues with either in a long while. Nvidia recently had a bug where your CPU was getting bogged down after you exit a game lmao, like 20% I could tell and searched it and it was all over the place in a few days. It happens, they plugged it quick.

Problem with AMD is they allow way too much control. Now users wanted them to add CPU OC control in Adrenaline and they wasted time doing that. Some times they need to learn how to ignore some of the user requested features lmao. More people mess shit up when you give them too many option. Apparently it was most requested feature and then lot of people would end up resetting their OC or some shit through adrenaline. Sometimes too many features are bad, that is one thing nvidia does best, they have the same old control panel so people just leave it alone and go bother with after burner to OC lmao.
7000 series VR performance is still broken. If it does get fixed though, I might be going red. babeltechreviews was suppose to have vr benchmarks of the new cards 2 months ago but it still hasn't come out yet. I'm guessing they are waiting for amd to fix the issues.

Last edited:
7000 series VR performance is still broken. If it does get fixed though, I might be going red. babeltechreviews was suppose to have vr benchmarks of the new cards 2 months ago but it still hasn't come out yet. I'm guessing they are waiting for amd to fix the issues.
True if that is the use case its totally understandable. I was surprised when they launched didn't release RDNA2 driver everyone was thinking they are focusing on RDNA3 drivers, that was partly true. But when they dropped the unified driver it had shit load of performance gains for RDNA2 lmao. I think now they finally might be on to RDNA3 with some outstanding issues like VR etc if you do that.

4070 Ti - if $30-$40 cheaper than a 7900 XT? E.g. Asus 4070 Ti vs Sapphire/MSI 7900 XT (MSI is the cheaper one).

Back