Anyone seriously considering the 4070 TI

Why on Earth would you upgrade power supplies just for a 100 watt difference? If you're going to go through all that freaking trouble then why not go 1000 watts and be covered for any possible future upgrades?
Probably wanted to save a few bucks. I just hope he uses SSDs.

So I just got a 4080 Suprim but waiting on the 850 watt PSU you think it's safe to try out with my 750 watt? The thing is a Motherboard bender for sure comes with a mouse pad and gpu support bracket.
My 4080 FE runs great on a 750W.
But an AIB card may need more but I doubt it. Power draw is only around 240-270W.

Solid with no bend in the card. My motherboard is inverted though.

I'm waiting on reviews and pricing. Based on current price leaks, though, likely not.

LMAO Nvidia just out did AMD in bars. 4070ti is faster than 3090ti by 3x in cyberpunk one would think lmao. Oh wait its with dlss3 vs standard and they don't even mention it on the slide. Only nvidia can sell a new thing and screw over the old users, 0 reason dlss3 won't work on ampere.
View attachment 539153
Notice they also said "max out 1440p". 3090 Ti is a 4k card. One could max out 1440p from cheaper Ampere cards.

There is nothing really different. Lot of people have confirmed it browsing over twitter etc and others. Tensor cores are tensor cores at the end of the day.
By confirmed, you mean people did find a way to make it work on 2080-3080 and achieved good result or found that hardware accelerated optical flow performance on lovelace is quite similar so even too Nvidia achieved to lock it well enough there should not be a reason (at least theoretically) ?

By confirmed, you mean people did find a way to make it work on 2080-3080 and achieved good result or found that hardware accelerated optical flow performance on lovelace is quite similar so even too Nvidia achieved to lock it well enough there should not be a reason (at least theoretically) ?
It’s closed source so nvidia controls everything. You wanna believe them all power to you. They tend to block things maybe they will turn it on next year after they have pushed Lovelace as much as they like.

Reviewers kinda mentioned it there is no reason for dlss3 to not work on ampere it’s just marketing.

It’s closed source so nvidia controls everything. You wanna believe them all power to you. They tend to block things maybe they will turn it on next year after they have pushed Lovelace as much as they like.

Reviewers kinda mentioned it there is no reason for dlss3 to not work on ampere it’s just marketing.
I mean twitter, reviewers, I am not sure why I would believe them and if I go why reviewers I read and how much revelant code (or any relevant experience which tend to be about 0) they tend to have in them, not sure why I would believe them.

I mean twitter, reviewers, I am not sure why I would believe them and if I go why reviewers I read and how much revelant code (or any relevant experience which tend to be about 0) they tend to have in them, not sure why I would believe them.
Well said.

Nvidia's marketing is crazy...they claim the 4070 Ti is 3X faster than the 3090 Ti :eek:

Nvidia's marketing is crazy...they claim the 4070 Ti is 3X faster than the 3090 Ti :eek:
Deceptive as hell, right? DLSS 3 (which is still pretty much a gimmick due to image quality issues and no decreased input latency) is what they used for that, even if it wasn't expressly stated in the slides like it should have been. And the sad part is - there's no reason other than $$$$$$$$$$ to keep DLSS 3 from Ampere (or the 2000 series AFAIK).

Deceptive as hell, right? DLSS 3 (which is still pretty much a gimmick due to image quality issues and no decreased input latency) is what they used for that, even if it wasn't expressly stated in the slides like it should have been. And the sad part is - there's no reason other than $$$$$$$$$$ to keep DLSS 3 from Ampere (or the 2000 series AFAIK).
Except that last part is just opinion, and not a proven fact.

Didn't someone get DLSS3 to run on Ampere?

We'll never get it officially of course.
I’d love to see it. It’s all just been armchair tech experts making proclamations.

I get it. It probably is something that could work. But with the massive gains the 4090 brought in actual horsepower why would they need to hold DLSS back on prior gens?

I feel it depend how good AMD alternative will be and how well it will ran on Intel-Ampere

I’d love to see it. It’s all just been armchair tech experts making proclamations.

I get it. It probably is something that could work. But with the massive gains the 4090 brought in actual horsepower why would they need to hold DLSS back on prior gens?
Simple answer - money. Lots and lots of money from getting people to upgrade.

Didn't someone get DLSS3 to run on Ampere?

We'll never get it officially of course.
No. It was a dumb rumor started by someone launching the beta build of Cyberpunk with DLSS 3 on the options menu. It didn't work, just let you toggle it.

Nvidia's official line is that there are hardware limitations making it not feasible on Ampere/Turing. I don't know if it's true, nor does anyone outside of Nvidia.

cuz dlss3 adds a lot of frames and its a good marketing for new products. I see them allow it after they get to next gen may be or a year out where they have maximized on early adopters for love lace.

It’s a gimmick but then it should be enabled on previous gen cards, which would yield poor performance, giving something else to complain about.

Nvidia just announced today DLSS 3.0 IQ updates for UI and ghosting. Give it time, it was just introduced 3 months ago and it still hasn’t been released for the titles they spoke about.

People are just salty that Nvidia makes us upgrade for new features instead of supporting all relevant cards. I’m right there with you. But we can’t poo poo something because we can’t have it on our terms.

It’s a gimmick but then it should be enabled on previous gen cards, which would yield poor performance, giving something else to complain about.

Nvidia just announced today DLSS 3.0 IQ updates for UI and ghosting. Give it time, it was just introduced 3 months ago and it still hasn’t been released for the titles they spoke about.

People are just salty that Nvidia makes us upgrade for new features instead of supporting all relevant cards. I’m right there with you. But we can’t poo poo something because we can’t have it on our terms.
FWIW, I own a 4090 and have used DLSS 3.0 in the Witcher 3 (it's nothing amazing - it feels the same on or off, especially with a gsync TV). It's also available right now in other games, so it has been released on titles they've spoken about.

My wife's new PC (13900k) running my very, very old 1080FE that I paid some $600 for years ago would be a great candidate for a 4070Ti FE at around $750 or so.

When do reviews go live? I googled it and I guess I am blind as I do not see any official info other than nvidia announcing the cards yesterday.

this gpu market sucks! the only card that is worth its cost is the 4090.
4080 $900
7900xtx $800
7900xt $650
4070ti $600
i feel like that is fair pricing.
i must say after seeing the review for this card i was off on my pricing. no way this card should be over $500.

Would it actually sell at $800 it would be sadly, quite competitive in the market:

performance-per-dollar_2560-1440.png

But I imagine they wont. They would even have an excellent argument over a 7900xt at $800

Last edited:
i must say after seeing the review for this card i was off on my pricing. no way this card should be over $500.
Why? RTX 3090 Ti performance for $800. 7900 XT level performance for $800. NVIDIA obviously read the market and priced accordingly.

Notice they also said "max out 1440p". 3090 Ti is a 4k card. One could max out 1440p from cheaper Ampere cards.
yes in a sense, the 4070Ti design is more optimised 1440p/4k with dlss on, yet:

Only 3 less fps in average at 4k on hardware unboxed title selection.

Why? RTX 3090 Ti performance for $800. 7900 XT level performance for $800. NVIDIA obviously read the market and priced accordingly.
At $500 it would be a giant game shift:

https://www.newegg.com/d/Best-Sellers/GPUs-Video-Graphics-Cards/s/ID-48

$900 7900xt, $1634 4080 and $638 3070 show up in the current best seller, better have quite the supply to turn the market completely on is head with this at $500, they still sells 3060 non Ti card at $370 and call it a promotion deal.

what review did you see? also, it isnt 800. there is no fe, so all card will be 840+.

what review did you see? also, it isnt 800. there is no fe, so all card will be 840+.
Hardware unboxed has

1440p:
4070ti: 152 fps
3090TI: 145 fps
7900xt: 158 fps

4K:
4070ti:87 fps
3090TI: 90fps
7900xt: 94fps

Techpowerup:
relative-performance_2560-1440.png
relative-performance_3840-2160.png
relative-performance-rt_2560-1440.png

For the 1440p crowd it seem to be almost exactly a 3090TI that use abit more than half the power while gaming.

The cheapest 6950xt on newegg seem to be at $890, cheapest 6900xt are at $800, a $840 4070TI is almost a non brainer over them, cheapest 7900xt is $900, a $840 4070TI with Nvidia premium maybe compete well enough (91% of the performance for 93.3% of the price isn't bad for Nvidia, specially with better power usage), sadly it just match the market and not put any pressure down on price, because what it offer is just your regular perf by dollar and not like we would want from a new product something better because of tech advancement.

I just saw an AMD 6800 XT on NewEgg selling for $539 yesterday. I paid $610 for my XFX 6800 XT over the summer. This NVIDIA 4070 Ti launch is a terrible value. Find an used 3090 Ti for cheap with a transferrable warranty and enjoy life if you want to stay in the NVIDIA ecosystem.

If anything it makes the 7900 XT seem like an incredible value. I thought the 7900 XT was overpriced when compared to the 7900 XTX.

I know one thing. I will not be spending this type of money on a video card for my nephew's system. At the rate NVIDIA is going, we will see a $400 4030 Ti launch in the future.

here are all the BB Links. Looks like nothing will be at the phantom 799.99 price lmao. Classic nvidia phantom MSRP. MSRP is $840 minimum don't wanna hear no 799.99 lol. Wont be like that for probably a year. Pricing seems to be all over the place. Some places have the PNY for 800 but BB has it for 840 which is surprising if I had to guess its most like 840 when it goes on sale given BB tends to have msrp listing.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?id=pcat17071&sp=+currentprice skuidsaas&st=4070ti

Last edited:
If anything it makes the 7900 XT seem like an incredible value.
Say a $840 4070TI vs a $900 7900xt, you get about 91% of the performance for 93% of the price much better efficiency and a bit of saved money over the lifetime, dlss and some other a bit superior goodies, you cannot look incredible vs terrible for a close call like that.

It just make the 7900xt look less bad, has everything in the market get priced the same.

Last edited:
Say a $840 4070TI vs a $900 7900xt, you get about 91% of the performance for 93% of the price much better efficiency and a bit of saved money over the lifetime, dlss and some other a bit superior goodies, you cannot look incredible vs terrible for a close call like that.

It just make the 7900xt look less bad, has everything in the market get priced the same.

Yea let me buy a 840 dollar video card to save a few bucks in electrcity over next 2 years where I am likely to replace it. That part doesn't really matter. At 799.99 its decent, the closer you get to 7900xt it becomes worse. if AMD just drops the 7900xt to 800 or 849.99 then 7900xt definitely becomes a much better buy. Average user probably couldn't even tell difference between DLSS2 or FSR 2 while playing a game if you took a poll.

if AMD just drops the 7900xt to 800 or 849.99 then 7900xt definitely becomes a much better buy.
Well yes...... I mean, the more they reduce the price the better of a buy it get...

Yea let me buy a 840 dollar video card to save a few bucks in electrcity over next 2 years where I am likely to replace it
Depend where you leave (non issue in my long winter, low electricity cost place, in 30 cent the khw germany it can add up, if the multi monitor high consumption is not fix soon, otherwise it will not be a big factor).

Because has someone that has multimonitor going on what 40 hours a week for work + other time:
power-multi-monitor.png

You can easily go in some market into the $130 level of difference in those 2 years, that a $1000 4070ti versus a $1190 7900xt.

It just strange to state that a 7900xt is an incredible value relative to the 4070TI, it look like it is somewhat close, it look like good value relative to an 4070TI, not incredible.

Last edited:

Well if you look at the Gamers Nexus numbers the 4070 Ti got wupped up and down the board. Save $60 over an AMD 7900 XT should have been save $200. Just looking at the numbers, I would spend another $60 for another tier of performance.

I did not think the AMD 7900 XT was a great value at launch or today. The 7900 XTX looked like a decent halo card for AMD at launch and NVIDIA makes it seem like a "must buy" with their pricing.

NVIDIA will probably rebadge the Nintendo Switch guts as a $300 video card by the end of the year. :)

Back