Anyone see this @ newegg?

search the forums if you wanna know the diff...or a google search maybe?

WOW, thanks for the very informative help there:rolleyes:

He was being helpful; Your question has been asked at least 5 times that I know of, more probably. Had you tried, you would have found it, and all the other data that goes along with it.

He was trying to give you a good answer. You were sarcastic back to him.

WOW, thanks for the very informative help there:rolleyes:

Wow, thank you for not doing what you're supposed to do before posting here. You ought to know by now that Google is the first step. Do some of the work instead of asking forum members to do it all for you.

i've got business edition on my box as a dual boot..

i would rather have home premium..

Wow, thank you for not doing what you're supposed to do before posting here. You ought to know by now that Google is the first step. Do some of the work instead of asking forum members to do it all for you.

IF google is the first place to go, then why do places like this exist then? To some (like me and other people) would rather post our questions here, cause when you do a google search or other form of search, you mostly find people that have no clue what there saying/telling, and sometimes the answer is hard to pull out. Coming here, like I have for 6 years now, and posting my question, I mostly get knowledgeable returns, except for this post. It seems everyone wants to be an internet badass, and would rather say "GOOGLE FIRST", no thats not the answer. Im a nice guy, and im sure most people here are great people as our purpose here is to help the person in need, so at least lets show some politness to each other:)

IF google is the first place to go, then why do places like this exist then? To some (like me and other people) would rather post our questions here, cause when you do a google search or other form of search, you mostly find people that have no clue what there saying/telling, and sometimes the answer is hard to pull out. Coming here, like I have for 6 years now, and posting my question, I mostly get knowledgeable returns, except for this post. It seems everyone wants to be an internet badass, and would rather say "GOOGLE FIRST", no thats not the answer. Im a nice guy, and im sure most people here are great people as our purpose here is to help the person in need, so at least lets show some politness to each other:)
relax bud, You've been on here long enough to know people will blast you about not searching but posted a topic that you knew you could have searched on anyway, via here or google.

But most of us do the same thing anyway, It just bothers some people(not me :D )

relax bud, You've been on here long enough to know people will blast you about not searching but posted a topic that you knew you could have searched on anyway, via here or google.

But most of us do the same thing anyway, It just bothers some people(not me :D )

Yes, sir, you are right;)

I think what newls1 is trying to explain is that, even though it's common practice here, it isn't at all friendly. And, maybe if we didn't do it, it would be a better, more useful forum for everyone.

I think what newls1 is trying to explain is that, even though it's common practice here, it isn't at all friendly. And, maybe if we didn't do it, it would be a better, more useful forum for everyone.

True...but it has happened to me enough times that I have done my searching before askin a question. Maybe he hasn't heard it enough yet lol

Maybe he hasn't heard it enough yet lol
Or, maybe he just carries on, hoping to intract with friendly and helpful folks. After all, if searching is so easy, why didn't you do it for him to help out?

i hate it when people to say GOOGLE it when here you are on a help forum. :(

regards

See, that's where the misconception is. This never was a "help" forum where people would come and ask the same damn questions over and over. The OCP stands for Overclockers Paradise. It was meant as a discussion board where enthusiasts came to discuss current methods and technology in the performance sector.

I know many people just shout Google it all the time. That stands as a symbol for "For the love of god don't ask the same damn thing that 5 other threads on the front page are asking"! Anyone remember the first year after SP2 was released, how many people used to create a new thread asking if SP2 was safe to install? I remember someone taking a screenshot showing 7 threads in a row asking that very same question.

That being said, very few people ever try to learn anything on their own...especially when it's a question that logically speaking, has a very high chance of already being answered here. If I didn't know the difference of Vista versions, my first destination isn't going to be Google or starting a new thread here. First, I'm going to microsoft.com. Assuming that turned up nothing, then I'd give the search feature a try here. All that's ever discussed anymore is Vista, so you know that question has been answered ad nauseum. Nobody has to get pissed, no one has to flame, let's just take these boards away from the "newbie support" type and back into the actual enthusiast discussion boards that built it's reputation.

I just wanted to drop by and put in my 2 cents on the whole Google it concept. If Google was the first option then every subforum on this board should have people saying Google it with the exception of the fs/ft and hotdeals forum. Bottom line you people that say google it and get annoyed that someone asks a question that's already been asked a million times probably have some disorder where you don't like to see posts about the same thing. If you come by a post and see that you can assist the OP or anyone then go ahead and post but if not then move along. If we were to google everything ourselves then all we would have on this forum are posts made by mods with updated info/news.

Sorry I had to go off on a tangent here but I've seen too many replies to a new topic being google it that it just gets annoying especially when you could have just answered the question.

edit: And to answer your question, the Business version does not have Media Center like Home Premium and Ultimate. Also, Home Premium does not have remote desktop like Business and Ultimate.

More of a support forum. It's absolutely fine to ask peculiar questions, but for a topic about Vista, there's a 99.9% chance it's already been discussed somewhere.

Chances are, if you've wondered about something, someone else has too.

My apologies if I tore at the fabric of your humanity. If everyone here used Google a lot more beforehand, most members would either know what they're talking about or be totally clueless. There wouldn't be as much grey area of people misleading others.

We encourage questions. We're happy to help. A lot of us know so much because we research a little first. We do a little of the legwork so our fellow members can confirm our findings rather than hand-feed us.

Besides, you have to be somewhat careful around here. You ask a question and you might get bullshit. With a little research you'll better protect yourself.

You ask a question and you might get bullshit. With a little research you'll better protect yourself.
QFT a billion times! How many times do you see, especially in some other subforums, the answers given are totally wrong? How about the processor or video card subforums, where people argue performance based solely on the brand name. Look at all the RAID0 flap in the Storage subforum. Look at all the arguing in the Autos section, because people swear allegience to domestic or foreign cars without doing an ounce of research.

he wants the answer not your oppinions on what he should do..

Or, maybe he just carries on, hoping to intract with friendly and helpful folks. After all, if searching is so easy, why didn't you do it for him to help out?

i thought about it...mainly because i posted the link to the differences in another thread...but then i thought, if i posted it already, why do i need to post it again?

Sorry I had to go off on a tangent here but I've seen too many replies to a new topic being google it that it just gets annoying especially when you could have just answered the question.
It's hard not to agree. People who respond with the "Google is your friend" crap are just posturing and it doesn't help anyone.

Jesus freakin' Christ people. would you just answer the OP's question for God's sakes....

my God.... I've never seen such a big collection of babies in one single thread. Good God! the man asked a legit question and yet all he gets is a bunch of trash from a bunch of people with nothing better to reply with than the old useless "do a search" line.

:rolleyes:

he wants the answer not your oppinions on what he should do..

When did he hire you to speak for him? Nice ellipsis, by the way. Makes you look confident.

Jesus freakin' Christ people. would you just answer the OP's question for God's sakes....

my God.... I've never seen such a big collection of babies in one single thread. Good God! the man asked a legit question and yet all he gets is a bunch of trash from a bunch of people with nothing better to reply with than the old useless "do a search" line.

Speaking of babies.

I guess everyone ignored my last post. You know, the post where I sort of offered an apology and a better explanation. So quick to attack and whine.

My opinion is simple... Do a search first... Tyr to find the information that your looking for, if you are still unclear, or you just couldnt find the specific details your looking for, then post your question...

In this way you'll be able to ask much more intelligent questions, with much less interpretation. AND then you can ignore those dumbasses that tell you to search first, becouse you know you already did.

Back on topic...

Looks interesting, but I'm leaning toward Home Premium or Ultimate. Give me a Newegg price on a Vista Ultimate 64 bit and I'd probably jump on it. Right now they only have them in like three packs. =P

Ok what is the difference between the three packs and the single DVDs options besides about $300 bucks. Because I see the Single DVD is 199 and the Three Pack is 599.99

So what is the difference between the two that is a big price difference..

Yea no need to flame about questions being reasked. Answer them and move on.

Business edition is just a step below Enterprise but without Bitlocker. Dont know why MSoft didnt just put Bitlocker in for this edition as most business clients I know would love this, but eh, looks like they want to eek out some more Ultimate edition purchases.

Thanks, thats a good answer;)

I knew you'd love my vague non informative answer!

To nuke this thread:

Vista Business is basically what XP Pro was. It has more advanced networking features, and helps protect against "hardware failures" (whatever the fuck that actually means). Business lacks media center abilities found in home premium.

Vista Home Premium is basically what MCE was. It has more advanced media center like capabilities, but lacks the more advance networking features that Business has.

Ultimate basically has all features and then some little "extras" (omg it browses the web for you so you dont have to!!!111)

couldn't have said it better myself. Although most people here agree with me;)

I think it's funny that people spent so much time telling someone to search than just answering the question in the first place. It would have taken a lot less time and effort to just be courteous to the OP....

I think it's funny that people spent so much time telling someone to search than just answering the question in the first place. It would have taken a lot less time and effort to just be courteous to the OP....
I think it's funny and hyprocitical that someone criticizes other users for their posting off-topic, needless suggestions, by doing the very same.

There should be a happy medium, where questions are answered...but at the same time, the laziness of wanting everything spoon-fed to you stops. Some questions are so over the top with their frequency (and simplicity in finding the answer yourself), that they beg to have responses like the ones in here. It's always been a valuable skill in tech support to know the resources to find the answer yourself, and it's a dying art.

In the same token, there are times people fire off the Google is your friend line unjustly.

Back